Terms of reference
The Vice-Chancellor's Gender Equity Committee (VCGEC) is an Advisory Committee to the Vice-Chancellor. The role of the Committee is to promote and improve gender equity at Western Sydney University by:
- developing, implementing and monitoring whole-of-University gender equity strategy, policy and action, including on matters of gender diversity and intersectionality;
- track and evaluate implementation of gender equity measures to ensure students and staff lived experience reflects University strategy and policy vision;
- monitor for measurable impact of gender equity initiatives undertaken by the University;
- identify and respond to arising gender equity gaps and/or issues within the University as informed by a wide range of quantitative and qualitative sources from across the entire University; and
- oversight of and close engagement with the University’s SAGE initiative, Equity and Diversity Working Parties, and the Vice-Chancellor’s Gender Equity Fund.
The Committee meets 3-4 times a year and provides meeting reports to the Executive Committee.
View full Terms of Reference here.
Membership is by invitation from the Vice-Chancellor for a term of 2 years and the committee is broadly representative of the Western Sydney University community.
- Professor Barney Glover, Vice-Chancellor and President
- Professor Janice Aldrich-Wright, Associate Dean Research, School of Science
- Dr Peter Bansel, Associate Dean (HDR), School of Social Sciences
- Dr Ragbir Bhathal, Lecturer, School of Computer, Data and Mathematical Sciences
- Ms Michelle Falconer, Director, Equity, Diversity and Wellbeing
- Mr Darren Greentree, Executive Director Financial Operations, Division of Finance and Resources
- Dr Anne Jamison, Senior Lecturer, School of Humanities and Communication Arts
- Dr Brahm Marjadi, Senior Lecturer & Associate Dean Engagement, School of Medicine
- Dr Kieryn McKay, SAGE Project Officer, DVC Academic
- Dr Garry Niedermayer, Lecturer in Pathobiology, School of Science
- Ms Elen Seymour, Director Academic Programs, School of Law
- Professor Simeon Simoff, Dean, School of Computer, Data and Mathematical Sciences
- Associate Professor Meg Smith, Deputy Dean, School of Business
- Professor Deborah Sweeney, Deputy Vice-Chancellor & Vice President (Research, Enterprise & International)
- Professor Michelle Trudgett, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Indigenous Leadership
- Dr Helen Wu, Senior Lecturer, School of Engineering
- Ms Katie Hayes, Senior Project Officer, Equity and Diversity
- Ms Vanessa Noble, Project Support Officer, Equity and Diversity