Western Sydney University is committed to providing a vibrant and inclusive place of employment. We work hard to create opportunities for excellence and equality. The University highly values the diversity of our staff and we therefore strive to be flexible, accessible and supportive of all University community members, including those with a disability.
Staff with disabilities have the right to:
- apply for and be fairly considered for jobs on the basis of merit
- have equal opportunity for promotion and career development
- have equitable access to the full range of University employment conditions and the full range of University services
- reasonable workplace accommodations where their disability does not prevent them fulfilling the inherent requirements of the role.
This toolkit is a practical resource to assist supervisors on how best to support staff with disability in the workplace.
- Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (Cth)
- Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth)
- Disability Inclusion Act 2014 (NSW)
- Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW)
- Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (NSW)
Western Sydney University has used the above legislation to make internal policies which should be read wit this toolkit, including:
- Disability Policy
- Discrimination, Harassment, Vilification and Victimisation Prevention Policy
- Workplace Flexibility Policy
- Accessibility Action Plan 2018 - 2020