- Bullying Prevention
- Cultural Diversity
- - News & Events
- - Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE)
- - Vice-Chancellor’s Gender Equality Committee
- - Vice Chancellor's Gender Equality Fund
- - Parenting Support
- - Flexible Working Arrangements
- - Gender Pay Equity
- - Leadership, Talent Identification & Networking
- - Sexual Harassment
- - Domestic and Family Violence
- - Women Who Inspire
- - International Women's Day
- - Gender Equity in Higher Education During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Open Fora
- Sexuality and Gender Diversity
- Western Panel Pledge
- Equity and Diversity Working Parties
- Western Sydney University Black Lives Matter Pledge
Vice Chancellor's Gender Equality Fund
2020 Applications Now Open
The Vice Chancellor’s Gender Equality Fund offers staff the opportunity to apply for support in facilitating gender equality initiatives and promoting workplace inclusion at Western Sydney University. Primarily, the Fund seeks to:
- develop a deeper understanding of any obstacles, and the steps required, to tackle gender inequality within the University and its community;
- foster collaboration and knowledge exchange between stakeholders within the University and its community in collective efforts to promote gender equality; and
- advance practice-based outcomes within the University by creating a praxis between academe and professional perspectives to leverage ‘real-world’ improvements.
This funding is for projects that would not normally be funded by Schools and Divisions.
Full details are available in the Fund Guidelines (Opens in a new window).
- review the Fund Guidelines (Opens in a new window)
- download and complete the Expression of Interest Form (EOI) (Opens in a new window); and
- email the completed form to the Senior Project Officer, Equity and Diversity, Melinda Blackmore (firstname.lastname@example.org)
**Application deadline has been extended to Friday 29 November 2019**
For more information about Gender Equality initiatives at Western Sydney University visit our Gender Equality webpage.
For more information about the Vice-Chancellor's Gender Equality Fund contact Melinda Blackmore, Senior Project Officer, Office of Equity & Diversity.
2019 Successful Applications
Applications for the 2019 Gender Equality Fund closed 30 November 2018. Projects as listed below are currently in progress, with final reports due to be provided by 15 December 2019.
- Redressing the Promotion Gap: Practices and programs to minimise gender disparities in academic advancement to Level E
- Nurturing Leadership from the Bottom Up: Supporting Leadership and Career Aspirations of Sessional Staff
- Mountains, Molehills and Milestones: participant experiences of WSU Mentoring Programs
- Women Doing Well
- Returning to Work after Parental Leave
- Western Dads
- Negotiating Mothering and Academic Work: A Mixed Methods Intersectional Feminist Study
- Why Western Women are Choosing STEM … or not.
2018 Successful Applications
Final reports for the following, successful 2018 grant recipients will be posted shortly.
- Listening to and Incorporating the Voices of Women at WSU: Building a welcoming, supportive, and sustainable workplace for traditionally marginalised groups, focusing on casual staff - Assoc. Professor Jane Mears, School of Social Sciences and Psychology
- Why Western Women are Choosing STEM...or not - Ms Wendy Truelove, CareerConnect
- Exploring ways to elevate women's leadership voices in Higher Education to achieve career longevity and gender parity - Assoc. Professor Tonia Gray, Senior Researcher, Centre for Educational Research
- Academic Career Progression: What Matters? – Assoc. Professor Maria Estela Varua, Director, Academic Programs Economics, Finance and Property), School of Business
- Gender Unlimited Seminar Series - Professor Janice Aldrich-Wright and Dr Kieryn McKay, Office of the DVC (Academic)
- Strategies and Barriers to Best Practice: A review of executive leadership succession planning in the Higher Education Sector and implications for Gender Equality at WSU - Dr Sheree Gregory, Lecturer, School of Business
2017 Project Final Reports
2017 was the inaugural year for applications under the Gender Equality Fund. Below you can view the final reports from successful applicants. Findings within these reports are reviewed by the Vice-Chancellor's Gender Equality Committee, and recommendations are reviewed and acted upon as appropriate.
- Breastfeeding Friendly Communities at WSU - Dr Elaine Burns and Zoi Triandafilidis
- Exploring Barriers and Facilitators to seeking Promotion: Level C and above Academics and Level B to Level C Academics - Dr Lyn Francis
- Review and Improvement of Academic Induction & Orientation Packs (STEMM focus) - Professor Janice Aldrich-Wright and Dr Kieryn McKay
- Improving Access to Information on Parental Leave Entitlements - Professor Janice Aldrich-Wright, Dr Kieryn McKay, Dr Kate McBride and Dr Freya Macmillan
- Illuminating and understanding women’s and men’s experiences navigating family care responsibilities and their academic careers - Assoc. Prof Meg Smith, Dr Michelle O'Shea and Dr Aila Khan (To be finalised).
For more information about Gender Equality Initiatives at Western Sydney University visit our Gender Equality webpage.
For more information about the Vice-Chancellor's Gender Equality Fund contact Dr Sev Ozdowski, Director, Office of Equity & Diversity.