Australian Ally Conference
This Inaugural Australian Ally Conference, organised by the Equity and Diversity unit at Western Sydney University in partnership with the University of Newcastle, was held at the Western Sydney University Parramatta Campus on 27-28 June 2016. It brought together the Ally movement from across Australia.
This Conference explored how best to encourage better communication between Higher Education Ally Networks from across the sector, best practice for dealing with national and local issues regarding the Ally Networks, the latest research in LGBTIQA acceptance and equality and many other associated topics. The Conference offered workshops and training and allowed participants to share their experiences and network with their colleagues from other universities. It also showcased the best practice from private enterprise and government.
For more information on the conference:
- Conference Booklet (PDF, 3973.32 KB) (Opens in a new window)
- Conference Report (PDF, 4701.92 KB) (Opens in a new window)
- Conference Photos (Opens in a new Window)
- Conference Publications
- Universities unite in support of diversity and inclusion (Opens in a new window)
- Letter of congratulations - The Hon. Michael D. Kirby AC CMG