Dr Dmitrii Shek
Dmitrii Shek graduated from medical school in 2016. He completed his basic physician training in 2018 and Master of Research (MRes) in 2020. Currently a PhD student under the supervision of Professor Golo Ahlenstiel. His project aims to determine clinical and biological risk factors of immune-checkpoint inhibitors toxicity with particular focus on non-coding RNA.
|2021 – 2023|
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Western Sydney University, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Project: Risk factors of immune-checkpoint inhibitors mediated liver, gastrointestinal, endocrine and skin toxicity: ICEMELT study (NCT04631731).
|2018 – 2021||Master of Research (MRes), Western Sydney University, Sydney, NSW, Australia|
|2016 – 2018||Medical Residency (Basic physician training), Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia (RUDN), Moscow, Russia|
|2010 – 2016||Doctor of Medicine (MD), Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia (RUDN), Moscow, Russia|
|2009 – 2014||Graduate Diploma in Translating (English language), Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia (RUDN), Moscow, Russia|
- Conference Travel Award 2021, Sydney West Translational Cancer Research Centre, Australia.
- Postgraduate Research Scholarship (PhD), Western Sydney University, Australia.
- ESMO Travel Grant, ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2020, Switzerland.
- Keystone Symposia Scholarship, Keystone Symposia: Advances in Cancer Immunotherapy 2020, USA.
- Conference Travel Award 2020, Sydney West Translational Cancer Research Centre, Australia.
- Poster of Merit Finalist, Australian Gastroenterological Week 2019, Australia.
- Winner of Poster Session, Westmead Institute for Medical Research Showcase 2019, Australia.
- Best Medical Alumni 2016, Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia (RUDN University), Russia.
- Please view my SCOPUS profile (opens in a new window)
- SITC – Society for ImmunoTherapy of Cancer
- ESMO – European Society for Medical Oncology
- Immune-checkpoint inhibitors
- Cancer biology
- Clinical oncology
- Gastrointestinal cancers
|Telephone||+61 412 035 533|
Blacktown Clinical School, Blacktown Hospital, Marcel Crescent, Sydney, NSW, Australia, 2148