BAppSc (Nutrition & Food), BNutDiet (Hons), APD.
Senior Metabolic Dietitian, Blacktown Metabolic & Weight Loss Program, Blacktown Hospital.
Sarah Messer is a Senior Metabolic Dietitian for the Blacktown Metabolic & Weight Loss Program at Blacktown Hospital and an Associate Lecturer (conjoint) with Western Sydney University. With a background in nutrition and dietetics as well as food science and nutrition.
As an Accredited Practicing Dietitian, Sarah has worked with people of all ages in clinical dietetics and private practice and has specialised in weight management for over 10 years.
Sarah’s interest in weight management and bariatric surgery led her to her current role within the Blacktown Metabolic & Weight Loss Program. Using tools such as motivational interviewing and health coaching Sarah works with patients to implement simple lifestyle changes through to translating medical nutrition therapy for patients’ pre and post bariatric surgery.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Nutrition & Dietetics (Honours), University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Nutrition & Food), University Western Sydney
- Australian Accredited Practicing Dietitian (APD)
- Member of Obesity Surgery Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Obesity and Overweight
- Bariatric Surgery
- Body composition and anthropometry
- Eating Disorders and Behaviours