Current Students

-- This website is for students currently studying at The College --


Withdrawing after Census

Up until Sunday 21 April you can still withdraw from units without academic penalty through My Student Records (MySR), in the same way as withdrawing from units before Census. There will be a pop-up screen that will remind you that you are withdrawing without academic but with financial penalty. If you do this this unit will not be used in the calculation of your GPA.

If you had to withdraw after the census date because of extenuating circumstances, you may be eligible to have your tuition fee for the unit/s refunded by completing a Withdrawal without academic penalty form.

Visit the Withdrawing without academic penalty web page for more information.

Upcoming Transition Sessions - Attention Final Term Students moving into 2nd Year of your Degree Spring 2019 (semester 2)

If you are a College student in your final term of a Diploma Course, and you are likely to move into second year at WSU in Spring 2019, you are invited to attend an important Transition Session presentation. The Transition Sessions are an informative session where you will meet your Academic Course Advisor (ACA), find out the units to enrol into, the range of specialisations (major or sub-majors), career pathways the Bachelor course can take you and an opportunity to ask questions. These sessions are aimed at those students who are in their final term at The College and potentially eligible to move into second year, but also open to non-transitioning students.

Dates and times will be released soon, be sure to click back here soon!

For further information please contact Juliette via

Course Progress

The 'Check My Course Progress' pages in MySR allow you to see what your course requirements are and track your progress towards finishing your course and if you're meeting the requirements needed to graduate. On these pages you can:

  • Add when you expect to complete your course
  • Check credit points are in your course and how many you've achieved
  • Amend or add specialisations
  • View  course completion rules

Need an Extension on an Hand-in Assignment?

It is expected that all students submit their assignments on time and manage the balance between your studies and other activities (such as employment, family life etc).  We know at times circumstances can prevent students from meeting the due date for an assignment such as:

- needing to work an unexpected shift

- a family member suddenly falling sick and needing care

- a last-minute equipment break down that prevented completion of the assignment

- a temporary illness, such as a migraine, making it difficult to focus on completing the assignment.

If circumstances prevent you from meeting the due date, you can apply for an extension for up to 48 hours (one extension per assignment) by completing the Extension Request Form. If you require further information please access and read the Extension Guidelines for Students or contact your class teacher.

Applying for Special Consideration

Before applying for Special consideration please familiarise yourself with the Special Consideration Policy. Click here for an Application for Special Consideration or visit Student Central.  It is important that completed applications are submitted to Student Central so all appropriate documentation provided can be verified.  If you are applying on medical grounds don’t forget to submit your application by the second working day after the expiry of your medical certificate by 5:00pm. Your medical evidence must be from a registered medical practitioner.  Medical certficates from a Pharmacist or Pharmacy will not be accepted. If you have a hand-in task (Essay, report etc.) and are applying for special consideration, you are required to submit a draft copy of the work that you have completed so far.

NOTE: Please do not fill out a Special Consideration form to report an absence unless that absence resulted in missing an assessment task.

Excluded Foundation Students returning to The College

Foundation students wishing to return to study after a period of exclusion will need to meet with the relevant Learning & Teaching Manager to discuss their Return to Study Plan. This will need to be arranged four weeks prior to the start of term. To make an appointment with your Learning & Teaching Manager please send an email to the relevant Manager as follows:

University Foundation Studies (Health Science/Nursing)

University Foundation Studies (Arts)


Foundation students
Applications for the 2019 Graduation are now open, please click here to apply.

Diploma students
Diploma students form part of the Western Sydney Graduation rounds. Please refer to the Western Sydney University student graduations page for information on registering to graduate and important deadlines.