We all experience difficulties and confusing times in our lives. The Counselling Service can help you explore and address your concerns. Our professional staff can provide a range of strategies to help you do your best during your time at The College. Our goal is to help you develop the personal awareness and skills necessary to overcome problems and to grow and develop in ways that will allow you to take advantage of educational opportunities at The College.
The Counselling Service is confidential and free to all College students. We have offices on each campus and appointments can be arranged on The College campus of your choice. We provide help with personal, emotional, social and relationship difficulties. Some of the benefits of counselling include:
- having support in a crisis or trauma
- having an opportunity to share your thoughts and feelings
- developing strategies for problem solving, decision making and change
- identifying and building on your strengths
- looking at alternative ways of behaving or thinking
- becoming clearer about your concerns and direction.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
To make an appointment to speak to a counsellor, call (02) 9852 5199 or drop into the Student Services Centre. You can find us on each campus at the following locations:
- Nirimba campus — Building U8
- Westmead campus — Building J
- Bankstown campus — Building 17
- Lithgow campus — Charles Hoskins Building
- Penrith (Kingswood) campus — Building W
Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com
STUDY SKILLS WORKSHOPS
For immediate crisis intervention when a life may be in danger, call 000 or go to your local hospital emergency department.
Lifeline is also available 24 hours a day on 13 11 14.
DROP IN BEFORE YOU DROP OUT
Thinking about dropping out? The first few weeks of study can be daunting. It's worth exploring your options with one of our experienced counsellors before you make the decision to leave. To make an appointment to see a counsellor, call (02) 9852 5199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.