Men's Health Information and Resource Centre
Understanding the context and causes of male health
The Men's Health Information and Resource Centre explores men's health in terms of the factors in society and life that build or undermine this health.
Health is a dynamic reality shaped by many factors. An individual's health is the product of many aspects of their life, and the term used for the causes behind health status is the Social Determinants of Health (SDOH).
MHIRC focuses particularly on the health status of marginalised or disadvantaged males - this includes populations such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men, unemployed men, separated men, incarcerated men, new dads and other males who may find themselves at risk of increased stress and therefore poorer health outcomes.
We thank you for your interest in furthering the health of men and boys in Australia.
- MENGAGE Male Health Clearinghouse(opens in a new window)
- Men's Health Week (opens in a new window)
- School of Health Sciences
- NSW Ministry of Health (opens in a new window)
- Council On The Ageing (opens in a new window)
- Department Of Health And Ageing (opens in a new window)
- Undergraduate Courses (opens in a new window)
- Postgraduate Courses (opens in a new window)