You can search for courses, events, people, and anything else.
Student Email and Password
Student Advantage (Office 365)
Assistive Technology (AT)
Be smart, be sceptical, be secure
Cyber Security is increasingly vital as connectedness and the internet play an increasingly bigger role in our lives. Here are some tips and resources from IT Security for keeping yourself safe online.
Follow these easy steps to secure your laptop, tablet or phone:
- Make sure you have a pass lock, PIN or password to unlock the device. This is especially important with mobile devices and tablets.
- Turn Bluetooth off or set the device to undiscoverable mode when Bluetooth is not in use.
- It is a good idea to keep a backup of important files, photos, documents or emails on a separate secure network or device for easy recovery.
- Be wary of public wireless hotspots. While convenient, these are often not very secure. If the wireless hotspot does not require a password it would be unwise to access sensitive content such as personal financial information or banking.
SET STRONG, UNIQUE PASSWORDS
It is important to set a strong and unique password to secure your devices and accounts. The password complexity requirements for your Western Account are displayed when setting up or changing passwords.
- To keep your Western Account secure, it is a good idea to change your password regularly.
- It is difficult to manage the ever increasing number of passwords we’re all required to keep (and remember!) so one option is to use a password vault. At this time, the University cannot recommend a specific product but if you do choose to make use of a password vault, please ensure you are familiar with the specific terms and conditions.
Please refer to our Knowledge Base for Password Management as well as the ‘Cyber Security’ and ‘StaySmart Online’ webpages for more information about the latest threats, such as Phishing and other common email scams.
- Cyber Security: westernsydney.edu.au/cybersecurity
- Stay Smart Online: staysmartonline.gov.au
- Our Knowledge Base is located here: wsu.service-now.com/it
- KB0011503 “Email security | Don’t take the bait! | Be smart, be sceptical, be secure”.
- KB0013493 “Western Sydney University Password Management”.