Encouraging and inspiring students
The Western Sydney University prize program acknowledges our most-dedicated and high-achieving students and by contributing, you are helping us encourage and inspire them to continue striving for excellence.
As a supporter, you will be recognised for your gift. Each prize recipient receives information about the prize and the donor as well as a notification on their academic transcript.
You can select the area you would like your prize to support. We fully manage the administration process, including the selection of the recipient.
A prize is a donation of no less than $500, to be in place for a period of 2 to 5 years.
The following structure provides a suggestion on how to allocate your prize:
- A prize of $500 awarded for achievement in an individual subject
- A prize of $1,000 awarded for achievement in a particular course and year of study
- A prize of $1,000 or more awarded to a graduating student for overall achievement in a particular course
Recognition for Prize Donor
As a prize donor, you will receive recognition in the following ways:
- An invitation to and recognition at the annual Dean's Awards Ceremony with the opportunity to present the award to the recipient
- Naming rights to the prize
- Recognition in the awards ceremony booklet
- Listed in the Western Sydney University Donor Honour Roll
- Invitation to relevant Western Sydney University functions
Management of Prizes
When a donor commits to funding a prize at Western Sydney University the management of the prize is looked after by the University, which includes:
- Administering the selection process for the prize
- Forwarding funds to the student
- Ensuring that the prize complements the academic program
- Coordinating the awards ceremony where the prize is presented
To discuss how you can be part of the Western Sydney University Prizes program, please contact the Office of Advancement.
t: +61 2 9685 9511