- Open Scholarships
- All scholarships
- Find a Scholarship
- Important Dates
- Scholarship Groups
- External Scholarships
- Scholarship Application Information
- Information for Current Scholarship Students
- Become a Donor
- The Academy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Equity Criteria
- Scholarships Ceremony 2017
- Contact Scholarships
Crescent Foundation Leadership Scholarship
New or continuing students
Any undergraduate degree at Western Sydney University
$7,500 per year for three years; 25% discount at Co-op Bookshop
- be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia, who have been granted a permanent humanitarian visa within the last five years
- have received an offer or be currently enrolled full-time or part-time in any year of an undergraduate degree at Western Sydney University
- demonstrate academic potential through a minimum ATAR of 85 or equivalent for new students or through a GPA of 5 or higher for continuing students. Non-current school leaver applicants will be considered on the basis of work experience and educational qualifications
The Crescent Foundation
The Crescent Foundation is passionate about bringing positive change to the Australian community. We aim to be the flag-bearers for three major causes: education for refugees, helping the homeless and houseless, and the conservation of Islamic art and culture. We don’t believe in donations. We believe in contributions towards a better future for all of us.
We are strongly committed to creating a culture of giving by encouraging ongoing financial support to those in our community who need it the most. We want to leave a positive footprint on our community, our society and our country.
The Crescent Foundation has supported 20 student scholarships to date. These amazing students are now Crescent Scholars, and will no doubt become our country’s future leaders and change-makers.
As well as financial support, Crescent Scholars will have the invaluable opportunity to be mentored by their donor, who will impart precious life lessons and further develop their skills.
Application and Selection Process
Applicants must provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the receipt of the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career. This statement should give a sufficient explanation of the applicant's background and current circumstances to enable the University to judge their eligibility, need and merit.
Successful applicants will be selected based on their written application, academic potential, their ability to meet the criteria and, where appropriate, performance in an interview before a selection panel.
Autumn 2019 applications for this scholarship are now open. To apply, please visit the Applicant Portal (opens in a new window).
Applications close 31 January 2019.