Senior Lecturer, School of Health Sciences, Western Sydney University
My qualifications include a B.App.Sc. (Exercise and Sport Science) in 2002 and Ph.D. in 2005 (fast-tracked), both at The University of Sydney. I held research fellowships on a continuous basis from 2005 to 2018. My current appointment is Senior Lecturer, School of Health Sciences, Western Sydney University.
I am known globally for my breadth of clinical research expertise in obesity and related chronic diseases. As the founding President of the National Association of Clinical Obesity Services (NACOS) Incorporated, I am at the forefront of developing strategies to improve access and standards in clinical obesity services in Australia's health system. My vision is to develop new tools that support diagnostic screening and clinical decision making for the effective management of excess weight and related health complications (complex and/or chronic conditions) in general practice. Examples of current research projects/areas are listed below:
- Activating Weight management in primary cARE (AWARE).
- Decision Aid for Clinical Obesity Services (DACOS)
- Obesity and weight related health complications
- Evidence summaries of clinical obesity care
- National Association of Clinical Obesity Services (NACOS)
- Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism Translational Research Unit (DOMTRU)
Qualifications and Recognition
- Doctor of Philosophy, The University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise and Sport Science), The University of Sydney
Research and Publications
For a full list of my publications please view my publications page (opens in a new window)