What Is Foundation Studies?
Choosing to study Foundation Studies at The College is your guaranteed pathway to an undergraduate degree at Western Sydney University. Designed specifically to equip you with the knowledge and skills needed for university, our Foundation Studies programs are a great way to explore the different subjects you can access during this exciting phase of your professional career.
Completing Foundation Studies also allows you to transition to a College Diploma, which upon completion provides direct access to the second year of your degree at Western Sydney University.
Why Study Foundation Studies At The College?
- Develop your skills. Foundation Studies provides you with the opportunity to cultivate your knowledge-base and hone your skills to ensure you get the best possible start to your life as an undergraduate student at Western Sydney University.
- Learn with supportive teachers. Our highly qualified team of experienced educators have your best interests in mind, and will go to extra lengths to make sure you are comfortable and confident with your work.
- Experience life as a university student. Whether you've just come from high school or travelled from another country, you'll get a taste of university life at Western Sydney University. As a College student you will attend tutorials and gain access to all the facilities at the Western Sydney University, including the library, gym, clubs, accommodation, and student support services.
- Smaller class sizes. At The College, we offer smaller classes, giving you that extra opportunity to get personal, face-to-face help and support from your teachers.
- Bilingual staff members. We know starting university in a new country can be a daunting experience for international students, and our bilingual staff members are here to help make your transition easier. Whether you're having trouble understanding what work you're required to do in class, or need someone to talk to, our staff are here to help.
Who Can Do Foundation Studies?
Domestic and International school-leavers and mature-age students are invited to apply for Foundation Studies programs, view our course pages for more information about course dates, fees and intakes.
Program Duration & Entry Requirements
Our Foundation Studies program extends from one term (four months) to three terms (12 months), but your previous level of study will determine which course is best for you.
- Domestic students do not need an ATAR to complete the course in three terms.
- International students should have a look at the handbook for entry requirements.