Proudly supported by NICM, ICCMR 2019 will take place in Brisbane bringing together researchers and clinicians from all over the world to explore, showcase and facilitate collaboration and communication across disciplines.
The main theme of ICCMR 2019 is "Pathways and Partnerships" and the importance of these to move complementary medicine research to the next stage. A number of focus areas include:
- Breaking new ground through cross-disciplinary research.
- Understanding biochemical and physiological pathways and mechanisms of complementary medicine treatments and therapies.
- Translation of new research findings from bench to clinical trial; from clinical trial to practice.
- Communicating clinical insights to researchers to open up new directions in research.
- Engaging practitioners in the development of pragmatic and practice-relevant research.
- Facilitating meaningful links, partnerships and collaborations for sustainable systems of healthcare in traditional medicine.
ICCMR full program available (opens in new window)
- PROFESSOR VIVIAN LIN, Director, Division of Health Sector Development, Western Pacific Region, World Health Organisation; Adjunct Professor, Office Of Psychology & Public Health, La Trobe University, Sydney, Australia.
- PROFESSOR FRANCES RAPPORT, Professor of Health Implementation, Australian Institute of Health Innovation, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia.
- DISTINGUISHED PROFESSOR JON ADAMS, Director, Australian Research Centre in Complementary and Integrative Medicine, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia.
- DR AMIE STEEL, Associate Director Research, Endeavour College of Natural Health/Research Fellow, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia.
- DR DANIEL AMADO, Coordinator of National Policy of Integrative and Complementary Medicine in Health, Department of Primary Care from the Ministry of Health, Brazil, South America.
- PROFESSOR ALVARO VILJOEN, Professor and Research Chair in Phytomedicine, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tshwane University of Technology, South Africa; Director, MRC Herbal Drugs Research Unit, South Africa.
- DR FRANCESCA PANZIRONI, CEO of Aṉangu Ngangkaṟi Tjutaku Aboriginal Corporation, South Australia, Australia.
- DR DANIEL GALLEGO-PEREZ, Pan American Health Organization, Washington DC, United States.
When: Tuesday, 7 May 2019 to Friday, 10 May 2019
Where: Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Grey Street, South Bank, Brisbane, Queensland Australia.
Registration: Conference registration is now open.To register, and for further information, visit:
http://iccmr2019.com/ (opens in a new window)