This qualification reflects the roles of entry-level vocational education and training (VET) teachers, trainers and assessors who are delivering training services to vocational learners and assessment services to candidates.
The roles may be undertaken by those working in registered training organisations (RTOs), enterprises, community organisations, schools and other VET provision contexts.
What you need to study
Those entering this qualification must be able to demonstrate:
- Vocational competence in their proposed training and assessing area. Vocational competence is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification.
- Have a Year 12 High School Certificate or equivalent to meet the LLN requirements of the course. Anyone without a Certificate will be required to complete a LLN assessment to ensure you have the level of skills and experience to complete the training program.
Please refer to The RTO Admissions Policy, for further information.
To be provided by the learner
To successfully complete this course, it is recommended students have access to a personal computer or laptop, and a personal internet connection.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
A USI is required by all Australian students undertaking nationally recognised training. If you do not have a USI, please visit the USI website.
What will you study
Units of Study
- TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402 Assess competence
- TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy, and numeracy skills
- BSBCMM411 Make presentations
You will be required to complete knowledge based and practical assessments, these may include:
- Question and Answers
- Written Reports
- Demonstration in the workplace or in a simulated workplace environment.
Students studying online, may be asked to submit videos as evidence of the application of practical skills
Recognition of Prior Learning
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience.
This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course.
Please click the link for up-to-date fees.
Eligible students may be able to access support through:
- NSW Smart and Skilled (NSW residents only)
Please contact The College for more information.
Future students should refer to The RTO Fee Management, Deferral and Refund Policy for more information.
Please refer to our Student Handbook for further information regarding our Training and Assessment Processes including the student support we can offer to help you complete your studies.