Using Study Smart can help you to improve your assignment writing, increase your academic study skills in a range of areas and give you confidence that you are handing in your best work.
Meet face-to-face with a Study Smart Officer at any campus library or access Study Smart Online from within your vUWS dashboard.
This session study smarter, not harder.
Get study help
- Plan your assignment with the Assignment Calculator (opens in a new window).
- Visit the Study Smart Zone for a face-to-face consultation about your assignment, referencing and citation or maths and stats help.
- Upload your draft assignment to Study Smart Online and receive writing feedback within 24 hours.
- Ask a question in the Study Smart Online interactive classroom.
- Download self-help guides, tools and resources.
- Chat online with a Librarian (opens in a new window) about referencing and citation.
Assignments and academic writing
Develop your study skills
- Find online self-help guides, tools & resources.
- Register for an academic writing skills workshop (opens in a new window).
- Meet with a Study Smart Officer in the Library for a 20-minute consultation to get expert advice.
- Register for a maths and stats workshop (opens in a new window).
- Discover other Western academic workshops and study groups available to help you succeed.
- Your lecturer or Study Smart Officer may refer you to a more intensive academic skills development program.
Academic integrity and plagiarism
Find out what academic integrity, plagiarism and collusion mean, so you can study smart with integrity.
Discover how the library can help develop your skills for living, learning, and working in a digital society.
Information for academic staff
Library Study Smart and the Academic Literacies team can complement your teaching and assist your students to succeed this semester. Find out more.