- Key people
- Our Staff
- Events and Workshops
- Higher Degree Research
- Honours in Law
- Kirby Cup
- Elder Law
- International Centre for Ocean Governance
- LLM (Int Gov)
- First Year Students
- Prizes and Scholarships
- PCJ Clinic
- Student Legal Services
- Sapere Aude Publication
- Giving and Philanthropy
- Law Focused Partnerships
- Graduate Diploma in Australian Migration Law
- Inside Western Law Newsletter
- Elder Law
- High School Mooting
Prizes and Scholarships
Prizes at Western Sydney University
By funding a prize at Western Sydney University, you are helping us to acknowledge our most dedicated and high achieving students, giving them the confidence to continuously strive for excellence.
A prize is a donation of no less than $500, to be in place for a period of 2 to 5 years.
The Western Sydney University Prizes Program provides recognition for students by presenting them with the financial gift provided by the donor, a certificate from Western Sydney University and a notation made on their academic transcript. Each recipient will also receive information about the prize and its donor.
The following structure provides a suggestion on how to allocate your prize, although it is not compulsory:
- A prize of $500 awarded to a 1st or 2nd year student
- A prize of $750 awarded to a 3rd year or graduating student in an individual subject
- A prize of $1,000 or more awarded to a 3rd year or graduating student for overall achievement in a particular course
Recognition for Prize Donor
As a Western Sydney University Prize donor, you will receive recognition in the following ways:
- Invitation to relevant Western Sydney University and Foundation functions
- An invitation to and recognition at the Annual Awards Ceremony at Western Sydney University with the opportunity to present the award to the recipient
- Listed on the Honour Roll in the Foundation's Annual Report
- Naming rights to the Prize
- Listed on the School of Law Website
Management of Prizes
When a donor commits to funding a Prize at Western Sydney University the management of the Prize is looked after by the University, which includes:
- Administering the selection process for the prize
- Forwarding funds to the student
- Ensuring that the prize complements the academic program
- Coordinating the Awards Ceremony where the prize is presented
All donations of $2 or more made payable to the Western Sydney University are tax deductible. For more information on prizes or to discuss other ways of making a difference at Western Sydney University School of Law, please contact:
Ms Cathy McFallAssistant to Head of School of Law
Tel: +61 (0) 2 9685 9576
Scholarships at Western Sydney University
See list of available scholarship opportunities.
Western Sydney University has a proud tradition in broadening access to education for the residents of Greater Western Sydney. One of its main features is a multi-campus teaching base that ensures higher education is accessible to students and responsive to their work, family and lifestyle commitments.
Equity of opportunity continues to be a core commitment, strengthened by the University's philosophy of ensuring that individuals and groups, who might not otherwise enjoy the benefits of higher education, have the opportunity to do so. It is with this in mind that Western Sydney University remains dedicated to making higher education accessible for those most in need of assistance.
Western Sydney University scholarships encourage students to realise their career and life aspirations, providing the means to excel in their learning environment. By providing financial assistance through a scholarship, you are taking the opportunity to further a student's education and advancement in life.
Scholarships allow Western Sydney University to attract and retain the most promising students within Greater Western Sydney, encouraging them to consider what study and work opportunities the region has to offer.
Establishing a Scholarship with Western Sydney University
When establishing a scholarship at Western Sydney University, it is important to consider what impact you would like your scholarship to have. To assist you with your decision, the university has developed a number of scholarship structures based on areas of need within the community and industry.
To establish a scholarship, donations start from $5,000 per year. The cost varies depending on the type, length and number of scholarships the donor wishes to invest in and an outright gift in the form of cash will allow you to receive immediate tax benefits in the year you make the gift to Western Sydney University.
Typically, a selection committee carefully reviews the scholarship applications submitted by students and selects the most deserving recipient(s) based on the donor-established criteria.
Western Sydney University is grateful for the generosity of all its donors and recognises that every gift is making a difference. As a way of saying thanks for your generous support, recognition for the donor of all scholarships is offered in the following ways:
· Invitation to relevant Western Sydney University and Foundation functions
· Listed on the Honour Roll in the Foundation's Annual Report
· Naming rights to the scholarship
· An invitation to and recognition at the Annual Scholarships Awards Ceremony at Western Sydney University with the opportunity to present a Certificate to the recipient
· Recognition in the Western Sydney University Scholarship brochure
· Listed on the Western Sydney University Scholarships website as a current scholarship donor
· Acknowledgement by scholarship recipient
· Listed on the School of Law website
For further information on establishing a Scholarship with Western Sydney University please contact:
Western Sydney University Development
Tel: +61 (0) 2 9685 9511