- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- Fees and costs
- The Academy
Services and facilities
- - Student Central
- - Workshops, programs and online resources
- - Academic Literacy Support
- - Counselling Service
- - Disability Service
- - Student Welfare Service
- - Special Consideration
- - Student Legal Services
- - Chaplaincy
- - Student Representation & Participation
- - Student Academic Committees
- - International student support
- - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student support
- - Student Stores
- - Online student support
- - Student facilities
- - Support for Student Veterans
- Online systems
- Student Misconduct Rule
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
19 - 25 October, 2020 | Students & Staff Welcome
Diversity Fest is a key event that celebrates our incredible diversity across many dimensions including culture, sex, gender, physical and mental abilities, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, political beliefs, religious practices and socio-economic status.
Each year Diversity Fest events are held across the university and include live performances, artwork, panel discussions, stalls, film screenings and more.
This year we are doing things a little differently, with a group of students and staff working together to create an inclusive event online, featuring various awareness and celebration activities, spanning over seven days. We want to provide a place where we can come together and connect through diverse experiences, perspectives and discussion, especially during the current pandemic. Seven words were identified to help highlight the importance of Diversity in 2020 and each activity will be themed to one of these pillars. They are as follows
The program of events will be announced on 9 October, 2020.
Check out Diversity Fest events in 4 easy steps:
- Download the CampusGroups App
- Search "Western Sydney University" to access WESTERNLife
- Sign in with your Western Sydney ID
- Click on the calendar icon to see what’s on during the week
Why do we hold Diversity Fest?
Our University is a diverse community. One-third of our students come from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and one-fifth of students were born overseas. Together we comprise over 160 cultural groups in a unique educational and social environment that serves the people of Western Sydney and beyond.
Diversity Fest is an initiative of the Student Representation & Participation Unit. With your input, we hope to build on the efforts of the last three years to make this a cultural landmark in the calendar for all students and staff.
Want to find out more about the Diversity Fest? Please email StudentEvents@westernsydney.edu.au