- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- Fees and costs
- The Academy
Services and facilities
- - Student Central
- - Workshops, programs and online resources
- - Academic Literacy Support
- - Counselling Service
- - Disability Service
- - Student Welfare Service
- - MATES
- - International Buddy Program
- - English Conversation Groups
- - Special Consideration
- - Student Legal Services
- - Chaplaincy
- - Student Representation & Participation
- - Student Academic Committees
- - International student support
- - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student support
- - Student Stores
- - Online student support
- - Student facilities
- - Support for Student Veterans
- - TalkCampus
- Online systems
- Student Misconduct Rule
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
20 September - 17 October 2021 | Students & Staff Welcome
Diversity Fest is a key event on the calendar that celebrates the incredible diversity of Western Sydney University, including culture, sex, gender, physical and mental abilities, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, political beliefs, religious practices, and socio-economic status.
This year, a group of students and staff are working closely together to create an online inclusive event, featuring various awareness and celebration activities, spanning over four jam packed weeks. The Theme for 2021 Diversity Fest is “Home”. What does Diversity mean for you? Where, what, who is home for you? Home can have many meanings, not just a place to reside.
We are providing an online space where everyone can come together and connect through diverse experiences, perspectives, and discussions during this current pandemic lockdown. The program of events will be announced from Monday 20 September 2021. Make sure to check in regularly for more events to be added throughout Diversity Fest.
Explore and register for Diversity Fest events in 4 easy steps:
- Download the CampusGroups App
- Search "Western Sydney University" to access WESTERNLife (if using the app)
- Sign in with your Western Sydney ID
- Click on the calendar icon to see what’s on during the month-long celebration
and/or; WESTERNLife (opens in a new window) to view on your desktop.
Why do we hold Diversity Fest?
Our University is a diverse community. One-third of our students come from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and one-fifth of students were born overseas. Together we comprise over 160 cultural groups in a unique educational and social environment that serves the people of Western Sydney and beyond.
Diversity Fest is an initiative of Student Community & Student Events. With your input, we hope to build on the efforts of the last four years to make this a cultural landmark in the calendar for all students and staff.
Download one of our virtual backgrounds below:
- Diversity Fest Zoom Background 1 (PNG, 43.28 KB) (opens in a new window)
- Diversity Fest Zoom Background 2 (PNG, 46.67 KB) (opens in a new window)
- Diversity Fest Zoom Background 3 (PNG, 47.78 KB) (opens in a new window)
- Diversity Fest Zoom Background 4 (PNG, 40.46 KB) (opens in a new window)
- Diversity Fest Zoom Background 5 (PNG, 40.44 KB) (opens in a new window)
Want to find out more about the Diversity Fest? Please email StudentEvents@westernsydney.edu.au