- About us
- Courses and training programs
- Work Planning and Career Development
Career Development Opportunities
- - Academic Careers and Development
- - Academic Development Program
- - Academic Promotions
- - Academic Mentoring Program
- - Education Support Allowance
- - Critical Management Conversations
- - Inspire Leadership Program
- - Scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- - Speed Mentoring Forums
- - Staff Postgraduate Study Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Professional Development Scholarships
- - Senior Management Group Conference
- - Strategy Forum
- - Professional Staff Mentoring Program
- How-to resources
- Contact us
- Coaching @ Western
Mentoring programs and resources have been created as a result of the MyVoice staff engagement project, to offer help and support to staff wanting to apply for a promotion. Academic staff considering applying for promotion are able to speak with past successful applicants to seek advice on preparing the best possible application.
The Academic Mentoring Program is designed to provide Academic staff with the opportunity to broaden their knowledge, skills, capabilities and experience to enhance their careers and professional development at the University.
Speed mentoring events are held on all campuses throughout the year to allow early career researchers are given the opportunity to meet with members of the Professoriate to discuss teaching, research, governance, engagement and writing. The Office of the PVC (Research and Innovation) also coordinates mentoring with the Executive and Professoriate for female early-career researchers in a speed mentoring forum.