- About us
- Courses and training programs
- Work Planning and Career Development
Career Development Opportunities
- - Academic Careers and Development
- - Academic Development Program
- - Academic Promotions
- - Academic Mentoring Program
- - Education Support Allowance
- - Critical Management Conversations
- - Inspire Leadership Program
- - Scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- - Speed Mentoring Forums
- - Staff Postgraduate Study Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Professional Development Scholarships
- - Senior Management Group Conference
- - Strategy Forum
- - Professional Staff Mentoring Program
- How-to resources
- Contact us
- Coaching @ Western
Academic Development Program and Promotions
The Academic Development Program (ADP) is a provision for eligible academic staff to undertake a sustained period of academic development to pursue research; acquire new skills and knowledge that can be applied to their teaching; or to develop ongoing partnerships with industry that will benefit the University. Details are in the Academic Development Program Policy, and the Academic Development Program Procedures. Mentors are available to provide support and guidance through the application process.
Western Sydney University supports and encourages the promotion of academic staff. Academic promotion is a process whereby staff may apply for promotion to a higher level. Information including dates, workshops, policies, forms and associated documents can be found on the Academic Promotion page. The establishment of a supportive framework for promotions has commenced with access to previous successful applicants acting as mentors.
The Checklist for Academic Achievement will assist you to identify specific types of both quantitative and qualitative evidence to demonstrate your achievements and support your career development across research, teaching and governance.
Achieving High Academic Performance (opens in a new window) will assist you in clarifying what is expected of you as a high performing academic.