Mrs Leanne Hunt
School of Nursing and Midwifery
Dr Leanne Hunt is a Senior Lecturer in Nursing and Deputy Director, Clinical Education (Nursing), in the School of Nursing and Midwifery at the Western Sydney University. Leanne began nursing in 1992 as an RN progressing to CNC (trauma) and NUM 1. Leanne worked in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in pediatric cardiothoracic intensive care for 2 year.
Leanne has 10 years of education and research experience and is the current chair of the Critical Care Research in Collaboration & Evidence Translation (CCRICET) research group. Leanne is an affiliate member of the Centre for Applied Nursing Research (CANR), Centre for Oral Health Outcomes & Research Translation (COHORT) and the Ingham Institute of Applied Medical Research. Leanne is a qualitative and mixed methods researcher focusing on critical care practice/patient outcomes, workforce development and clinical practice experience. Leanne’s work is collaborative and multidisciplinary and has impacts on critical care patients, families, student nurses, the future nursing workforce and the profession of nursing.
This information has been contributed by Mrs Hunt.
- GDipHlthSc University of Western Sydney
- BHlthSc(N) University of Western Sydney
- Clinical Practice Experience
- Critical Care
- Nursing education
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
- SoNM WHS
- Deputy Director Clinical Education (Nursing)
|Phone:||(02) 4570 1676|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
- Lewis, P., Hunt, L., Ramjan, L., Daly, M., O'Reilly, R. and Salamonson, Y. (2020), 'Factors contributing to undergraduate nursing students' satisfaction with a video assessment of clinical skills', Nurse Education Today, vol 84 .
- Lee, R., Gallagher, J., Ejike, J. and Hunt, L. (2020), 'Intra-abdominal hypertension and the open abdomen : nursing guidelines from the Abdominal Compartment Society', Critical Care Nurse, vol 40, no 1 , pp 13 - 26.
- Lynch, J., Hou, Y., Brennen, K., Sanchez, D., Hunt, L., Alexandrou, E. and Frost, S. (2019), 'The effectiveness of chlorhexidine bathing and hospital acquired infections among adult intensive care patients : a trial sequential meta-analysis', Australian Critical Care, vol 32, no Suppl. 1 , pp 5 - 5.
- McDermid, F., Hunt, L., Hetherington, D., Willis, S. and Peters, K. (2019), 'Clinical success : a new approach to clinical remediation of undergraduate nursing students', Australian Nursing and Midwifery Journal, vol 26, no 8 , pp 51 - 51.
- Rojo, J. and Hunt, L. (2018), 'Nursing students' clinical performance on placement : voices from clinical facilitators', Australian Nursing and Midwifery Journal, vol 25, no 11 , pp 38 - 38.
- Iyer, D., Hunt, L., Frost, S. and Aneman, A. (2018), 'Daily intra-abdominal pressure, sequential organ failure score and fluid balance predict duration of mechanical ventilation', Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica, vol 62, no 10 , pp 1421 - 1427.
- Frost, S., Hou, Y., Lombardo, L., Metcalfe, L., Lynch, J., Hunt, L., Alexandrou, E., Brennan, K., Sanchez, D., Aneman, A. and Christensen, M. (2018), 'Evidence for the effectiveness of chlorhexidine bathing and health care-associated infections among adult intensive care patients : a trial sequential meta-analysis', BMC Infectious Diseases, vol 18, no 1 .
- Hunt, L., Frost, S., Newton, P., Salamonson, Y. and Davidson, P. (2017), 'A survey of critical care nurses' knowledge of intra-abdominal hypertension and abdominal compartment syndrome', Australian Critical Care, vol 30, no 1 , pp 21 - 27.
- Ramjan, L., Hunt, L. and Salamonson, Y. (2016), 'Predictors of negative attitudes toward Indigenous Australians and a unit of study among undergraduate nursing students : a mixed-methods study', Nurse Education in Practice, vol 17 , pp 200 - 207.
- Frost, S., Algoso, M., Metcalfe, L., Lynch, J., Hunt, L., Sanghavi, R., Alexandrou, E. and Hillman, K. (2016), 'Chlorhexidine bathing and health care-associated infections among adult intensive care patients : a systematic review and meta-analysis', Critical Care, vol 20 .
- Hunt, L., Ramjan, L., McDonald, G., Koch, J., Baird, D. and Salamonson, Y. (2015), 'Nursing students' perspectives of the health and healthcare issues of Australian Indigenous people', Nurse Education Today, vol 35, no 3 , pp 461 - 467.
- Hunt, L., Frost, S., Alexandrou, E., Hillman, K., Newton, P. and Davidson, P. (2015), 'Reliability of intra-abdominal pressure measurements using the modified Kron technique', Acta Clinica Belgica, vol 70, no 2 , pp 116 - 120.
- Hunt, L., Frost, S., Hillman, K., Newton, P. and Davidson, P. (2014), 'Management of intra-abdominal hypertension and abdominal compartment syndrome : a review', Journal of Trauma Management & Outcomes, vol 8, no 1 .
- McDonald, G., Hunt, L. and Kelty, S. (2014), 'Two hats, one aim : nurses in partnership for better Indigenous health', Australian Nursing and Midwifery Journal, vol 21, no 9 , pp 37 - 37.
- Frost, S., Azeem, A., Alexandrou, E., Tam, V., Murphy, J., Hunt, L., O'Regan, W. and Hillman, K. (2013), 'Subglottic secretion drainage for preventing ventilator associated pneumonia : a meta-analysis', Australian Critical Care, vol 26, no 4 , pp 180 - 188.
- Alexandrou, E., Ramjan, L., Murphy, J., Hunt, L., Betihavas, V. and Frost, S. (2012), 'Training of undergraduate clinicians in vascular access : an integrative review', The Journal of the Association for Vascular Access (JAVA), vol 17, no 3 , pp 146 - 158.
- Hunt, L., Van Luenen, H., Alexandrou, E., Frost, S., Davidson, P., Hillman, K. and D'Amours, S. (2012), 'A comparison of fluid instillation volumes to assess intra-abdominal pressure using Kron's methods', Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery, vol 73, no 1 , pp 152 - 155.
- Frost, S., Tam, V., Alexandrou, E., Hunt, L., Salamonson, Y., Davidson, P., Parr, M. and Hillman, K. (2010), 'Readmission to intensive care : development of a nomogram for individualising risk', Critical Care Resuscitation, vol 12, no 2 , pp 83 - 89.
- Frost, S., Davidson, P., Alexandrou, E., Hunt, L., Salamonson, Y., Tam, V., Parr, M., Aneman, A. and Hillman, K. (2010), 'Unplanned admission to the intensive care unit in the very elderly and risk of in-hospital mortality', Critical Care and Resuscitation, vol 12, no 3 , pp 171 - 176.