Doctor Jianhua Yang
Computing & Ict
Jianhua loves computing and information technology, teaching the subject and researching and developing IT applications. He started his academic career in tertiary education in 2002, and has had considerable input into developing and teaching Introduction to Database, Object-Oriented Analysis, Object-Oriented Design and Object-Oriented Programming. His research focuses on Data mining and Knowledge Discovery, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Software Engineering and Web Services. The research findings have been extensively reported via seminars, workshops, conferences, and journals. He has had long-term work experience in different sectors of the IT industry.Jianhua has been involved in projects ranging across Management Information System, Computer Aided Design, Computer Simulation, and Web Applications. He pursues teaching innovations, research advances, and industrial opportunities in computer science and software engineering.
This information has been contributed by Doctor Yang.
- MEng Dalian University of Technology
- BEng Hebei Institute of Technology
- PhD University of Newcastle (NSW)
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Data mining and Knowledge Discovery
- Software Engineering
- Web Services
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Computing & Ict
|Phone:||(02) 9685 9233|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Chapters in Books
- Yang, J. (2009), 'Unsupervised Data Mining: Common Clustering Algorithms', Comprehensive Chemometrics: Chemical and Biochemical Data Analysis, Elsevier 9780444527028.
- Yang, J. (2009), 'Unsupervised Data Mining: Introduction', Comprehensive Chemometrics: Chemical and Biochemical Data Analysis, Elsevier 9780444527028.
- Lee, I. and Yang, J. (2005), 'Hybrid agglomerative clustering for large databases: An efficient interactivity approach', Lecture Notes In Computer Science, vol 3809 , pp 938 - 941.
- Estivill-Castro, V. and Yang, J. (2004), 'Fast and Robust General Purpose Clustering Algorithms', Journal of Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, vol 8 , pp 127 - 150.
- Estivill-Castro, V. and Yang, J. (2002), 'Clustering Web Visitors by Fast, Robust and Convergent Algorithms', International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science, vol 13, no 4 , pp 497 - 520.
- Yang, J. and Unhelkar, B. (2010), 'Iterative class diagram construction in considerationof modeling granularity', Fourth International Conference on Research Challenges in Information Science, Nice, France.
- Yang, J. and Lee, I. (2007), 'Hybrid Clustering for Large Sequential Data', Proceedings of 2007 International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Pattern Recognition (AIPR-07), USA.
- Yang, J. and Lee, I. (2006), 'Hybrid O(n sqrt(n)) Clustering for Sequential Web Usage Mining', Proceedings of the 19th Australian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AI?06), Australia.
- Yang, J. and Lee, I. (2005), 'Hybrid Agglomerative Clustering for Large Databases: An Efficient Interactivity Approach', Proceedings of the 18th Australian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AI'05), Australia.
- Lee, I. and Yang, J. (2005), 'Voronoi-based Topological Information for Combining Partitioning and Hierarchical Clustering', Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Intelligence for Modelling, Control and Automation (CIMCA'2005), Austria.
- Yang, J. and Lee, I. (2004), 'Through Graph-based Boundary Analysis', Proceedings of the International Conference on Information and Knowledge Engineering (IKE?04), USA.
- Yang, J. and Lee, I. (2004), 'Cluster validity through graph-based boundary analysis', International Conference on Information and Knowledge Engineering , IKE'04, .
- Estivill-Castro, V. and Yang, J. (2003), 'Cluster Validity Using Support Vector Machines', Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Data Warehousing and Knowledge Discovery (DaWak 2003), Czech Republic.
- Yang, J., Estivill-Castro, V. and Chalup, S. (2002), 'Support Vector Clustering through Proximity Graph Modeling', Processing of the 9th International Conference on Neural Information (ICONIP'02), Singapore.
- Estivill-Castro, V. and Yang, J. (2001), 'Categorizing Web Visitors Dynamically by Fast and Robust Clustering of Access Logs', Proceedings of the 1st Asia-Pacific Conference on Web Intelligence (WI'2001), Japan.
- Estivill-Castro, V. and Yang, J. (2001), 'Non-crisp Clustering by Fast, Convergent and Robust Algorithms', Proceedings of the 5th European Conference on Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (PKDD'01), Germany.