Doctor Holly Priddis
School of Nursing and Midwifery
- PHD University of Western Sydney
- BN(Hons) University of Western Sydney
- Australian College of Midwives (2008 - 2015)
- University Award for Academic Achievement - First Class Honours 2010-09-30
- Blended Learning Certificate of Recognition 2017-12-15
- Birth photography
- Birth trauma
- Normal birth
- Perineal care
- Postnatal mental health
- Severe perineal trauma
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
|Phone:||(02) 9685 9592
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Previous Teaching Areas
- 401030 Midwifery Knowledge 1, 2015
- 401031 Bioscience for Midwifery, 2015
- 401032 Midwifery Knowledge 2, 2015
- 401037 Legal and Ethical Issues in Midwifery, 2015
- 401040 Collaborative Care, 2017
- 401043 Midwifery Practice - Models of Care, 2017
- 401045 Introduction to Midwifery Practice Experience, 2015
- 401087 Midwifery as a Profession, 2015
- Hewitt, L., Priddis, H. and Dahlen, H. (2019), 'What attributes do Australian midwifery leaders identify as essential to effectively manage a Midwifery Group Practice?', Women and Birth, vol 32, no 2 , pp 168 - 177.
- Sobhgol, S., Priddis, H., Smith, C. and Dahlen, H. (2019), 'Evaluation of the effect of an antenatal pelvic floor muscle exercise programme on female sexual function during pregnancy and the first 3 months following birth : study protocol for a pragmatic randomised controlled trial', Trials, vol 20, no 1 .
- Sobhgol, S., Priddis, H., Smith, C. and Dahlen, H. (2019), 'The effect of pelvic floor muscle exercise on female sexual function during pregnancy and postpartum : a systematic review', Sexual Medicine Reviews, vol 7, no 1 , pp 13 - 28.
- Priddis, H., Keedle, H. and Dahlen, H. (2018), 'The perfect storm of trauma : the experiences of women who have experienced birth trauma and subsequently accessed residential parenting services in Australia', Women and Birth, vol 31, no 1 , pp 17 - 24.
- Priddis, H., Thornton, C., Fowler, C., Schmied, V., Tooher, J., Dickinson, M. and Dahlen, H. (2018), 'Characteristics and service needs of women and babies admitted to residential parenting units in New South Wales : a mixed methods study', Journal of Clinical Nursing, vol 27, no 15-16 , pp 2963 - 2973.
- Salamonson, Y., Priddis, H., Woodmass, J., Everett, B., Lynch, J., Curtis, E. and Ramjan, L. (2018), 'The price of journeying towards the prize : commencing nursing students' experiences of working and studying : a qualitative study', Journal of Clinical Nursing, vol 27, no 21-22 , pp 4141 - 4149.
- Duff, M., Dahlen, H., Burns, E., Priddis, H., Schmied, V. and George, A. (2017), 'Designing an oral health module for the Bachelor of Midwifery program at an Australian university', Nurse Education in Practice, vol 23 , pp 76 - 81.
- Dahlen, H., Priddis, H. and Thornton, C. (2015), 'Severe perineal trauma is rising, but let us not overreact', Midwifery, vol 31, no 1 , pp 1 - 8.
- Priddis, H. (2015), 'Autoethnography and severe perineal trauma : an unexpected journey from disembodiment to embodiment', BMC Women's Health, vol 15, no 88 .
- Priddis, H., Schmied, V. and Dahlen, H. (2014), 'Women's experiences following severe perineal trauma : a qualitative study', BMC Women's Health, vol 14, no 1 .
- Priddis, H., Schmied, V., Kettle, C., Sneddon, A. and Dahlen, H. (2014), '"A patchwork of services" - caring for women who sustain severe perineal trauma in New South Wales - from the perspective of women and midwives', BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, vol 14, no 1 .
- Priddis, H., Dahlen, H. and Schmied, V. (2013), 'Women's experiences following severe perineal trauma : a meta-ethnographic synthesis', Journal of Advanced Nursing, vol 69, no 4 , pp 748 - 759.
- Priddis, H., Dahlen, H., Schmied, V., Sneddon, A., Kettle, C., Brown, C. and Thornton, C. (2013), 'Risk of recurrence, subsequent mode of birth and morbidity for women who experienced severe perineal trauma in a first birth in New South Wales between 2000 - 2008 : a population based data linkage study', BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, vol 13, no 89 , pp 1 - 7.
- Dahlen, H., Priddis, H., Schmied, V., Sneddon, A., Kettle, C., Brown, C. and Thornton, C. (2013), 'Trends and risk factors for severe perineal trauma during childbirth in New South Wales between 2000 and 2008 : a population-based data study', BMJ Open, vol 3, no 5 , pp 1 - 7.
- Priddis, H., Dahlen, H. and Schmied, V. (2012), 'What are the facilitators, inhibitors, and implications of birth positioning? : a review of the literature', Women and Birth, vol 25, no 3 , pp 100 - 106.
- Dahlen, H., Jackson, M., Schmied, V., Tracy, S. and Priddis, H. (2011), 'Birth centres and the national maternity services review : response to consumer demand or compromise?', Women and Birth, vol 24, no 4 , pp 165 - 172.
- Dahlen, H., Schmied, V., Tracy, S., Jackson, M., Cummings, J. and Priddis, H. (2011), 'Home birth and the National Australian Maternity Services Review : too hot to handle?', Women and Birth, vol 24, no 4 , pp 148 - 155.
- Priddis, H., Dahlen, H. and Schmied, V. (2011), 'Juggling instinct and fear : an ethnographic study of facilitators and inhibitors of physiological birth positioning in two different birth settings', International Journal of Childbirth, vol 1, no 4 , pp 227 - 241.
|Title:||Suturing of the perineum following vaginal birth: A mixed methods study|
|Western Researchers:||Holly Priddis and Hannah Dahlen|
|Years:||2018-04-01 - 2019-10-30|
|Title:||South West Sydney Innovative Midwife Mentoring Scheme (SWIMMS)|
|Western Researchers:||Athena Sheehan, Virginia Schmied, Fiona Arundell, Hannah Dahlen and Holly Priddis|
|Years:||2018-01-08 - 2019-06-28|
|Thesis Title:||Experiences of trauma during pregnancy and childbirth: When the birthing woman is a midwife|
|Field of Research:|
|Thesis Title:||Female sexual dysfunction in pregnancy and postpartum: a randomized controlled trial study|
|Field of Research:|
|Thesis Title:||What attributes do Australian midwifery leaders identify as essential to effectively manage a Midwifery Group Practice (MGP)?|
|Field of Research:||Midwifery|
|Thesis Title:||What are the experiences of midwives returning to work in a maternity unit after they have experienced a perinatal loss?|
|Field of Research:|
|Thesis Title:||What are the essential characteristics and factors that facilitate optimal management of MGP from the perspectives of MGP midwives and their managers?|
|Field of Research:|
|Title:||What we know about perineal tearing, and how to reduce it during childbirth|