Doctor Catherine Camden-Pratt
Teaching Focused Role - Academic (Lecturer in Art Therapy),
Clinical Psychology (SSAP)
Professional Team (SSAP)
Catherine is passionate about education for personal and social change, and has 20plus years experience in education and welfare across a variety of settings. These settings include: community preschool teacher (Qld); School Holiday Coordinator (Kids Activities Newtown NSW); weekend cook (Australian Quadriplegic Association); voluntary support worker (Mother Theresa Orphanage Manila Philippines); Branch Coordinator and NSW Training Officer (Homecare NSW); class teacher (Lorien Novalis Steiner School, NSW); primary school classroom teacher (Abbotsford and Dulwich Hill Public Schools, NSW DET; Project Officer, Aboriginal Education across 3 districts (NSW DET) and Itinerant Support Teacher Behaviour - with a focus on students with autism spectrum disorders (NSW DET). She graduated with her Masters in Applied Science (Social Ecology) in 1997 and with her PhD in 2003. In 2000 Catherine began teaching in Social Ecology at the UWS and has also taught in diversity and pedagogy studies in the School of Education. Catherine foregrounds critical creativity in her teaching and research in which she integrates creative arts. Her pedagogies are student centred and experiential with the focus on praxis. Her current teaching includes Learning and Creativity in the Education Studies Major and Applied Imagination in the Master of Education (Social Ecology). Catherine is currently the Course Adviser for the Education Studies Major. She has exhibited her artwork, published a popular press book from her creative and transgressive 2002 PhD, as well as and performing co-written research plays. She spends her down time writing poetry, painting, and spending time with family and friends.
This information has been contributed by Doctor Camden-Pratt.
- GradCertArtThe University of Western Sydney
- MAppSc University of Western Sydney, Hawkesbury
- DipTeach Sydney College of Advanced Education
- PhD University of Western Sydney, Hawkesbury
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Clinical Psychology (SSAP)
- Professional Team (SSAP)
|Phone:||(02) 47360 275|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
- Wright, D., Camden-Pratt, C. and Hill, S. (2011), 'Social Ecololgy: Applying ecological understanding to our lives and our planet', : Hawthorn Press 9781907359118.
- Camden-Pratt, C. (2006), 'Out of the Shadows: daughters growing up with a 'mad' mother', : Finch Publishing 1876451734.
Chapters in Books
- Camden-Pratt, C. (2011), 'Becoming with/in social ecology: Writing as practice in creative learning.', Social Ecology, Applying Ecological Understanding to our Lives and Our Planet, Hawthorn Press 9781907359118.
- Horsfall, D., Bridgman, K., Camden-Pratt, C., Kaufman Hall, V. and Pinn, J. (2011), 'Playing Creative Edges: Reflections from Women Out to Lunch 5 Years on', Creative Spaces for Qualitative Researching: Living Research, Sense 9789460917592.
- Davies, B., Gannon, S., Zabrodska, K., Bansel, P. and Camden-Pratt, C. (2009), 'Reflections on a day in the art class', Pedagogical encounters, Peter Lang 9781433108174.
- Davies, B., Camden-Pratt, C., Ellwood, C., Gannon, S., Zabrodska, K. and Bansel, P. (2009), 'Second skin: The architecture of pedagogical encounters', Pedagogical encounters, Peter Lang 9781433108174.
- Camden-Pratt, C. (2009), 'Relationality and the art of becoming', Pedagogical Encounters, Peter Lang 9781433108174.
- Ellwood, C. and Camden-Pratt, C. (2009), 'Becoming Blossom, Becoming Oddbod: clowning as transformational process', Pedagogical Encounters, Peter Lang 9781433108174.
- Camden-Pratt, C. (2007), 'Creative Arts and Critical Autobiography: Challenges of Blending the Deeply Personal and the Academic in Qulaititative Research', Being Critical and Creative in Qualitative Research, Hampden press 9781875648191.
- Horsfall, D., Bridgeman, K., Camden-Pratt, C., Kaufman Hall, V. and Pinn, J. (2007), 'Playing Creative Edges : Performing Research - Women out to Lunch', Being Critical and Creative in Qualitative Research, Hampden Press 9781875648191.
- Gannon, S., Gottschall, K. and Camden-Pratt, C. (2013), '"A quick sideways look and wild grin" : joyful assemblages in moments of girlhood ', Girlhood Studies, vol 6, no 1 , pp 13 - 29.
- Camden-Pratt, C. (2008), 'Social Ecology and creative pedagogy: using creative arts and critical thinking in co-creating and sustaining ecological learning webs in university pedagogies', Transnational Curriculum Inquiry: Journal of the International Association for the Advancement of Curriculum Studies, vol 5, no 1 , pp 1 - 16.
- Horsfall, D., Bridges, D., Camden-Pratt, C. and Sammon, L. (2004), 'A Performance of Difference', Refective Practice, vol 5, no 1 , pp 91 - 110.
- 2010, 'Ashes', Published Work