Ms Jacki Montgomery
Dap - Creative Industries, Communication, Screen Media,
Jacki Montgomery has extensive experience in the advertising industry, and has developed and managed advertising campaigns to launch brands, increase sales, generate leads, and drive donations.
She has worked with a diverse range of clients including Optus, Qantas, Uncle Ben’s, Duty Free Shoppers, BHP, Unilever, Austcare, Paralympics, Aussie Home Loans, and Aircruising Australia, and has also freelanced as a spokesperson on TV and radio, and as a non-fiction ghostwriter.
Jacki holds a Master of Commerce in Marketing, and is currently undertaking a PhD, researching the impact of cause marketing campaigns on the well-being of participants (and their networks).
Jacki has taught Advertising and Marketing Communications at a tertiary level for over a decade, and as a testament to her dynamic approach was awarded a Teaching Citation for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning (2013), and the Vice-Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching (Team Submission, 2015).
In June 2017, Jacki won the The Carman Award for Best Conference Paper by a Doctoral Student, issued by the Macromarketing Society, Macromarketing 2017 Conference.
Jacki became a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy in January 2019. This award recognises professional practice aginst the UK Professional Standards Framework for teaching and learning support in higher education.
In December 2019, Jacki was awarded Western Sydney University's highest individual teaching award: the Vice-Chancellor's Excellence Award for Teaching. This was awarded for undertaking an innovative redevelopment of the University’s Advertising program, which included creating strong partnerships with multiple external agencies to provide industry-based assessments and internship opportunities to students. Her passion for enhancing student learning and capacity for facilitating partnerships with local community organisations and businesses aligns strongly with Western’s ongoing ambition to be a distinctly student-led anchor institution for the Greater Western Sydney Region.
This information has been contributed by Ms Montgomery.
- MCom University of New South Wales
- BA University of New South Wales
- Media Federation of Australia (2010)
- The Communications Council of Australia (2010)
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Communications (sohca)
- Communications (sohca)
|Phone:||(02) 9685 9837|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Previous Teaching Areas
- 100706 Advertising: An Introduction, 2017
- 100706 Advertising: An Introduction, 2018
- 101034 Advertising: Media, 2017
- 101034 Advertising: Media, 2018
- 101173 Internship, 2017
- 101173 Internship, 2018
- 101941 Account and Client Management, 2017
- 101941 Account and Client Management, 2018
- 102056 Communication Strategies, 2016
Chapters in Books
- Montgomery, J. (2020), 'Rebranding unlimited : improving the image of Western Sydney University', Advertising: An Integrated Marketing Communication Perspective, McGraw-Hill Education Australia 9781760422400.
- Montgomery, J., Young, L. and Khan, A. (2018), 'Growing compassion : the case of CEOs sleeping rough for a night', Macromarketing Society. Conference, Leipzig, Germany.
- Krahmalov, J., Khan, A. and Young, L. (2017), 'The impact of cause marketing on quality of life : repertory grid revisited', Macromarketing Society. Conference, Queenstown, N.Z..
- Krahmalov, J., Young, L. and Khan, A. (2016), 'The social impact of active cause marketing', Australian & New Zealand Marketing Academy. Conference, Christchurch, N.Z..
- 2018, 'Vinnies CEO Sleepout: A Study of Participants & Impact', Report
|Description:||Take heart, charity stunts can make CEOs better people|