Doctor Ursa Komac
Dap - Architecture,
Senior Lecturer, Architectural Design and Technology,
Urša Komac is Director of Academic Program in Architecture and Senior Lecturer at Western Sydney University. She is a registered architect in her home country Slovenia and holds a BA in Architecture and MSc in Landscape Architecture from the University of Ljubljana and a PhD from Barcelona School of Architecture. She has over 20 years of working experience as an educator and architect in Australia, Spain, the USA and Slovenia. Her research interests are architecture and the city, public space, heritage and architectural education.
In 2018 she was a Visiting Research Fellow at the Tokyo University of Arts and Barcelona School of Architecture, exploring connections between academia and practice. Prior to her appointment at Western Sydney University, she was Assistant Professor at the University of Canberra, where she was teaching design studios together with history of architecture. From 2015-17 she was a CI on an OLT teaching grant, administered by RMIT, exploring new paths for a PhD in architecture. She has published a book on architect Bogdan Bogdanovic, which has been translated into German. Her forthcoming co-authored book, entitled The Architecture of Public Space is under contract with Springer. She received the Piranesi Award for the Rest Areas for the Bicycle Paths in the Slovene Karst. HerObservation Points in Škocjanski zatok were recently selected for the 9th International Biennial of Landscape Architecture and nominated for the Mies van der Rohe Award in 2017.
This information has been contributed by Doctor Komac.
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
|Phone:||(02) 9685 4766|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
- Komac, U. and Guillen, P. (2011), 'Die Erinnerungskiste von Bogdan Bogdanovic', : Wieser Verlag 9783851298888.
- Komac, U. and Guillen, P. (2010), 'La Ciudad y La Muerte: La Caja de Memoria de Bogdan Bogdanovic', : Mudito 9788492607433.
Chapters in Books
- Komac, U. and Guillen, P. (2009), 'Bogdan Bogdanovic und Joze Plecnik', Bogdan Bogdanovic: Memoria und Utopie in Tito-Jugoslawien, Wieser 9783851298345.
- Komac, U. (2017), 'Public space as a public good : some reflections on public space to enjoy solitude', Athens Journal of Architecture, vol 3, no 2 , pp 137 - 150.
- Komac, U. (2015), 'Niestandardowo nowoczesni : Bogdan Bogdanovic i Joze Plecnik', Herito, vol 17-18 , pp 86 - 99.
- Komac, U. (2014), 'Why architectural design and research are not more relevant in the real world?', Revista Lusofona de Arquitectura e Educacao / Lusofona Journal of Architecture and Education, vol 11 , pp 573 - 578.
- Komac, U. and Guillen, P. (2011), 'Bogdan Bogdanovic and the public space to enjoy solitude : Prilep, Travnik and Vukovar', Serbian Architectural Journal, vol 3, no 1 , pp 27 - 36.
- Komac, U. (2014), 'Why do architectural schools bother to teach theory?', International Workshop COAC-ETSAB, Barcelona, Spain.