Doctor Sarah Duffy
Hospitality, Marketing & Sport
- PhD University of New South Wales
- MMktg University of New South Wales
- BBus University of Newcastle (NSW)
- Charles C. Slater Memorial Award for Best Paper 2018-07-02
- Charles C. Slater Memorial Award for Best Paper 2019-06-29
- The George Fisk Award for the Best Conference Paper 2017-07-03
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Hospitality, Marketing & Sport
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Current Teaching Areas
- 200557 Enterprise Internship
- 201025 Social Marketing
- HDG116 Marketing Systems
Previous Teaching Areas
- 200737 Marketing Systems, 2019
- 200920 Enterprise Internship, 2019
Chapters in Books
- O'Shea, M., Maxwell, H. and Duffy, S. (2021), 'Covid-19 crisis response : did Australian professional sport move fast enough?', Time Out: National Perspectives on Sport and the Covid-19 Lockdown, Common Ground Research Networks 9780949313430.
- O'Shea, M., Maxwell, H., Duffy, S. and Peel, N. (2020), 'One step forward and two steps back? : pandemic effects and women's sport in Australia', Impacts and Implications for the Sports Industry in the Post-COVID-19 Era, IGI Global 9781799867807.
- Duffy, S. and Dwyer, L. (2019), 'Tourism in a protected landscape : challenges to sustainable development ', Tourism Policy and Planning Implementation: Issues and Challenges, Routledge 9781138060746.
- Duffy, S., Layton, R. and Dwyer, L. (2018), 'Whale shark tourism at Ningaloo Reef : successes, challenges and what's next?', Coral Reefs: Tourism, Conservation and Management, Routledge 9781138689831.
- Duffy, S. and Layton, R. (2018), 'Whale sharks, Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia', Social Marketing: Rebels with a Cause, Routledge 9781138123823.
- Duffy, S., Van Esch, P. and Yousef, M. (2020), 'Increasing parental leave uptake : a systems social marketing approach', Australasian Marketing Journal, vol 28, no 2 , pp 110 - 118.
- Duffy, S., Bruce, K., Moroko, L. and Groeger, L. (2020), 'Customer orientation : its surprising origins, tumultuous development and place in the future of marketing thought and practice', Australasian Marketing Journal, vol 28, no 4 , pp 181 - 188.
- Esch, P., Duffy, S., Teufel, J., Northey, G., Elder, E., Frethey-Bentham, C., Cook, T. and Heller, J. (2019), 'ExerStart : helping seniors be active and independent for less', Journal of Social Marketing, vol 9, no 2 , pp 146 - 160.
- Layton, R. and Duffy, S. (2018), 'Path dependency in marketing systems : where history matters and the future casts a shadow', Journal of Macromarketing, vol 38, no 4 , pp 400 - 414.
- Duffy, S., Northey, G. and van Esch, P. (2017), 'Iceland : how social mechanisms drove the financial collapse and why it's a wicked problem', Journal of Social Marketing, vol 7, no 3 .
- Duffy, S., Layton, R. and Dwyer, L. (2017), 'When the commons call "enough", does marketing have an answer?', Journal of Macromarketing, vol 37, no 3 , pp 268 - 285.
- van Esch, P., Northey, G., Duffy, S., Heller, J. and Striluk, M. (2017), 'The moderating influence of country of origin information seeking on homophily and product satisfaction', Journal of Promotion Management, vol 24, no 3 , pp 1 - 17.
- Ngo, L., Northey, G., Duffy, S., Thao, H. and Tam, L. (2016), 'Perceptions of others, mindfulness, and brand experience in retail service setting', Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, vol 33 , pp 43 - 52.
Sarah's research interests are primarily focused on a critique of the impact of marketing on society. Sarah is also working on projects in the following areas:
* Parental leave in the University sector
* Period Poverty
* How to develop intrinsically motivated students
* Parental leave practices in sport
* A marketing systems approach to future crisis management
This information has been contributed by Doctor Duffy.