Doctor Sandy Noakes
DAP - LLB,
School of Law
School of Law
Sandra is the Director of Academic Program, First Year and Lecturer in Law at Western Sydney University School of Law, and a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK. She has worked as a tutor, lecturer and Unit Coordinator for over 15 years in Law Schools at Western Sydney University, Macquarie University and the University of Wollongong. From 2005 -2007 she was a Visiting Fellow at Macquarie University. Since 2005, she has held the position of Revising Examiner in Real Property Law for the Legal Profession Admission Board. Whilst in legal practice, Sandy was a Senior Associate with Phillips Fox (now DLA Piper) and a consultant to McArdle Legal, an employment and industrial relations law firm in Sydney. Her main areas of interest are legal education, employment law, labour law, work health and safety law, and property and trusts.
This information has been contributed by Doctor Noakes.
- PhD University of Wollongong
- BCom/LLB University of New South Wales
- Revising Examiner, Real Property Law, Legal Profession Admission Board (2005 - 2017)
- Fellow, Higher Education Academy (2019 - 2019)
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- School of Law
- School of Law
|Phone:||(02) 9685 9106
(02) 9685 9106
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Previous Teaching Areas
- 200297 Law of Employment, 2017
- 200929 Employment Law and Policy, 2018
- 200977 Fundamentals of Australian Law, 2018
- 200978 Legal Analysis and Critique, 2017
- Noakes, S. and Hook, S. (2021), 'The blurred line between the professional and the personal : regulation of teacher behaviour on social media', Australian Journal of Education, vol 65, no 1 , pp 6 - 23.
- Noakes, S. (2021), '"Reality check" : supporting law student diversity and achievement through a novel model of support and assessment of academic literacy : student perceptions, retention and performance', The Law Teacher, vol 55, no 3 , pp 337 - 363.
- Noakes, S. (2021), ''Needs improvement' : positioning good practice writing pedagogy in the Australian Law School Curriculum', Monash University Law Review, vol 47, no 1 .
- Noakes, S. (2020), '"Law academics probably would be a little bit embarrassed to do that" : misconceptions of the role of ALL expertise by law academics, and what to do about them', Journal of Academic Language and Learning, vol 14, no 1 , pp 87 - 112.
- Noakes, S. (2020), 'Implementing good practice pedagogy to support law students' writing skills', Legal Education Review, vol 30, no 1 , pp 1 - 44.
- Hook, S. and Noakes, S. (2019), 'Employer control of employee behaviour through social media', Law, Technology and Humans, vol 1, no 1 , pp 141 - 161.