Doctor Mohammad Reza Razavi
Academic Program Advisor, Architecture,
Senior Lecturer, Architecture and Design Practice,
Mohammad Reza Razavi is a Senior Lecturer of Architecture and Design Practice at Western Sydney University. He has many years of academic and architectural practice experience in Iran, Germany, and Australia.
Mohammad Reza is from Kurdistan of Iran, and graduated with a Master's degree in Architecture from IKIU university. For more than ten years, he was a lecturer at the universities of Kurdistan and IAU Sanandaj and taught subjects of Architecture studio, Theory of architecture, Sustainability, and Building technology. His other academic activities were conducting research projects, supervising Master's students' theses, and holding positions of Director of Architecture program and Dean of the Engineering faculty.
Concurrently, he completed designing several architectural projects in his practice as a registered architect. The projects were from various types and ranges, and his role was from the early design stages to supervising construction details.
For six years before immigrating to Australia, he was a researcher at the Technical University of Berlin. He worked in the international research project of Young Cities, funded by BMBF Germany. Mohammad Reza collaborated in the architectural design process, building energy performance simulations, and construction detailing. Furthermore, he researched energy efficiency improvement of residential building fenestration as his PhD thesis at TU Berlin.
This information has been contributed by Doctor Razavi.
- PhD Technical University of Berlin
- Sustainable Architecture and Passive Design
- Building Energy Performance Simulation
- Energy Efficient Fenestration
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
|Phone:||(02) 9685 4621|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Previous Teaching Areas
- 200471 Construction Technology 5 (Envelope), 2020
- 301087 Building Design Process, 2020
- 301199 Architecture Studio - Rethinking the Sub-urban, 2020
- 301240 Integrated Building Technology, 2020
- Razavi, R. (2005), 'In Search of Urban Identity in Sanandaj', : Ministry of Housing and Urban Development of Iran 9649256709.
- Almeida, L., Bamdad, K. and Razavi, R. (2023), 'A comparative case study of certified and non-certified green buildings and their response to climate change', Buildings, vol 13, no 4 .
- Razavi, R. (2008), 'How to identify and apply the inhabiting characteristics of the Kurdish culture to today's residential design', International Conference on Zagros Traditional Settlements, Sanandaj, Iran.
- 2011, 'Effective Factors on Changing, Sustainability and Recovery of Functional Identity of Sanandaj's Urban Public Spaces', Report
- 2011, 'Examining Role of Environmental Design (Architecture and Urban Design) in Crime Prevention in the Iran's Urban Spaces, Case Study: Public Spaces in Residential Districts of Sanandaj at Present Time', Report