Doctor Miriam Brooks
School of Medicine
Dr Miriam Brooks is a General Practitioner from the Blue Mountains. Miriam trained as a GP in rural NSW, then worked for seven years in Aboriginal Health in Western Sydney and Canberra, and now works in a refugee health clinic and at a Women’s Health Centre in the Blue Mountains. Miriam's interests are in adolescent and women's health, mindfulness therapies and trauma-sensitive care. Miriam is a Senior Lecturer in the Department.
This information has been contributed by Doctor Brooks.
- MQHR University of Sydney
- GCert(Qualitative Health Research0 University of Sydney
- MBBS University of Sydney
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- School of Medicine
|Phone:||(02) 4620 3933|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
- Brooks, M., Reath, J., McDonnell, L. and Abbott, P. (2021), 'Increasing general practitioner use of evidence-based medicine in teaching and clinical practice through evidence-based journal clubs', Australian Journal of Primary Health, vol 27, no 4 , pp 271 - 275.
- Brooks, M., Hooker, C. and Barclay, L. (2020), 'Artspace : enabling young women's recovery through visual arts : a qualitative study', Health Promotion Journal of Australia, vol 31, no 3 , pp 391 - 401.
- Reath, J., Tan, L., Brooks, M., Burges, J., Lindsay, N., Lo, W., Shakur, S., Trankle, S. and Wong, K. (2020), 'One medical school's experience of sustaining general practice teaching in the time of COVID-19', Australian Journal of General Practice, vol 49, no Suppl. 29 .
- Brooks, M., Barclay, L. and Hooker, C. (2018), 'Trauma-informed care in general practice : findings from a women's health centre evaluation', Australian Journal of General Practice, vol 47, no 6 , pp 370 - 375.
|Title:||Evaluation of Young Women's Clinic, Blue Mountains Women's Health and Resource Centre|
|Western Researchers:||Miriam Brooks|
|Years:||2016-08-01 - 2017-11-01|