Doctor Girish Lala
Institute for Culture and Society
- PhD The Australian National University
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Institute for Culture and Society
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Chapters in Books
- Collin, P., Lala, G. and Fieldgrass, L. (2018), 'Participation, empowerment and democracy : engaging with young people's views', The SAGE Handbook of Youth Work Practice, SAGE 9781473939523.
- Thomas, E., McGarty, C., Stuart, A., Lala, G. and Pedersen, A. (2017), 'Education and social participation : civic identity and civic action in formal and informal education contexts', Self and Social Identity in Educational Contexts, Routledge 9781138815131.
- McGarty, C., Lala, G. and Thomas, E. (2012), 'Opinion-based groups and the restoration of civil society', Restoring Civil Societies: The Psychology of Intervention and Engagement Following Crisis, Wiley & Sons 9780470671436.
- McGarty, C., Lala, G. and Douglas, K. (2011), 'Opinion-based groups : (racist) talk and (collective) action on the internet ', Strategic Uses of Social Technology: An Interactive Perspective of Social Psychology, Cambridge University Press 9780521899260.
- Thomas, E., McGarty, C., Spears, R., Livingstone, A., Platow, M., Lala, G. and Mavor, K. (2020), ''That's not funny!': standing up against disparaging humor', Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, vol 86 .
- Pegg, K., O?Donnell, A., Lala, G. and Barber,, B. (2018), 'The role of online social identity in the relationship between alcohol-related content on social networking sites and adolescent alcohol use', CyberPsychology, Behavior and Social Networking, vol 21, no 1 , pp 50 - 55.
- Thomas, E., McGarty, C., Lala, G., Stuart, A., Hall, L. and Goddard, A. (2015), 'Whatever happened to Kony2012? : understanding a global Internet phenomenon as an emergent social identity', European Journal of Social Psychology, vol 45, no 3 , pp 356 - 367.
- Bliuc, A., McGarty, C., Thomas, E., Lala, G., Berndsen, M. and Misajon, R. (2015), 'Public division about climate change rooted in conflicting socio-political identities', Nature Climate Change, vol 5, no 3 , pp 226 - 229.
- McGarty, C., Thomas, E., Lala, G., Smith, L. and Bliuc, A. (2014), 'New technologies, new identities, and the growth of mass opposition in the Arab Spring', Political Psychology, vol 35, no 6 , pp 725 - 740.
- Lala, G., McGarty, C., Thomas, E., Ebert, A., Broderick, M., Mhando, M. and Kamuronsi, Y. (2014), 'Messages of Hope : using positive stories of survival to assist recovery in Rwanda', Journal of Social and Political Psychology, vol 2, no 1 , pp 450 - 468.
- Douglas, K., McGarty, C., Bliuc, A. and Lala, G. (2005), 'Understanding cyberhate : social competition and social creativity in online white supremacist groups', Social Science Computer Review, vol 23, no 1 , pp 68 - 76.
- 2020, 'Feeding My Child: How Mothers Experience Nutrition Across the World. A Companion Report to The State of the World's Children 2019', Report
- 2020, 'Child-centred Indicators for Violence Prevention: Summary Report on a Living Lab in the City of Valenzuela, Philippines', Report
- 2020, 'Food and Me. How Adolescents Experience Nutrition Across the World. A Companion Report to The State of the World's Children 2019', Report
- 2017, 'Young and Online: Children's Perspectives on Life in the Digital Age (The State of the World's Children 2017 Companion Report)', Report
- 2017, 'Workshop Manual: UNICEF State of the World's Children', Report
- 2016, 'Creating Benefit for All: Young People, Engagement and Public Policy', Report
- 2016, 'Project Rockit Online: Evaluation Report', Report
- 2015, 'Messages of Support: A Report of a Pilot Study Investigating the Role of Creating Positive Messages in Support of Others Who Have Survived Traumatic Experiences', Report
|Title:||Online Safety: Pacific Research|
|Western Researchers:||Amanda Third, Girish Lala and Lilly Moody|
|Years:||2019-10-10 - 2020-06-26|