Doctor Alison Barnes
Senior Lecturer, Design,
- PhD Chelsea School of Art
- MA Chelsea School of Art
- BA (Hons Class 1) The Nottingham Trent University
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
- Barnes, A. (2019), 'Creative Representations of Place', : Routledge 9781138061828.
Chapters in Books
- Barnes, A. (2019), 'Geo/graphic design', Non-Representational Theory and the Creative Arts, Palgrave Macmillan 9789811357480.
- Barnes, A. (2013), 'Food and cultural identity in the London borough of Hackney', The London Reader 2: London: City of Transformations?, London Symposium on behalf of Academic Conferences 9780957363113.
- Barnes, A. (2022), '[In Press] 'Ooh it were mucky' : mapping memories of New Basford, Nottingham', Cultural Geographies, .
- Barnes, A. (2022), '[In Press] Kissing the badge : club crests or corporate logos?', Soccer and Society, .
- Barnes, A. and Barnes, A. (2017), 'Telling stories : the role of graphic design and branding in the creation of 'authenticity' within food packaging', International Journal of Food Design, vol 2, no 2 , pp 183 - 202.
- Pink, S., Catanzaro, M., Sandbach, K., Barnes, A., Barnes, A., Mcneill, J., Gusheh, M., Scotece, E. and Catanzaro, C. (2015), 'Making and sharing the commons : reimagaining 'the West' as Riverlands, Sydney through a dialogue between design and ethnography', Global Media Journal: Australian Edition, vol 9, no 2 .
- Barnes, A. (2013), 'Geo/graphic design : the liminal space of the page', Geographical Review, vol 103, no 2 , pp 164 - 176.
- Barnes, A. (2012), 'Repositioning the graphic designer as researcher', Iridescent, vol 2, no 1 .
- Barnes, A. (2012), 'Thinking geo/graphically : the interdisciplinary space between graphic design and cultural geography', Polymath: An Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences Journal, vol 2, no 3 , pp 69 - 84.
- Barnes, A. (2007), 'Geo/graphic mapping', Cultural Geographies, vol 14, no 1 , pp 139 - 147.
- Harland, R. and Barnes, A. (2022), 'Food's urban graphic heritage in Walthamstow', Design Research Society. Conference, Bilbao, Spain.
- Pan, H., Harland, R. and Barnes, A. (2022), 'Framing multimodal discourses about place as graphic landscaping', International Association of Societies of Design Research Conference, Hong Kong, China.
- 2009, 'Hackney Conversations ; Type Cast II'
- 2009, 'Type Cast & Secrets Map'
|Title:||Sensing 'home' in Greater Western Sydney. A sensory ethnographic study of the relationship between migrants' material and imaginative home-making practices|
|Western Researchers:||Alison Barnes and Emma Power|
|Years:||2014-09-16 - 2015-03-02|