The Western Sydney Wanderers Scholarship
$12,650 per year for up to one year
Any undergraduate degree
- be commencing study full-time in the first year of any undergraduate degree.
- demonstrate academic potential through an ATAR of 70.
- identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
- be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
There is an opportunity for the selected recipient to participate in a paid internship.
- Applicants must complete the appropriate Application Form and submit the form by the closing date.
- Applicants must provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career. This statement should give a sufficient explanation of the applicant's background and current circumstances to enable the University to judge their eligibility and merit.
- Successful applicants will be selected based on their application, academic potential (based on ATAR results or previous work experience) and their ability to meet the criteria.
Western Sydney Wanderers
The Western Sydney Wanderers FC is a football club which has been established to represent Western Sydney in the Hyundai A-League and Westfield W-League since April 2012. The constitution of the club preserves its founding principles of "for the people of western Sydney, by the people of western Sydney". The official club logo incorporates the key elements of the Western Sydney landscape; the mountains, valleys and winding river system that run throughout the region. The badge captures the unity and intertwined multicultural community that the Wanderers represent.
Application and Selection Process
Applicants must provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the receipt of the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career. This statement should give a sufficient explanation of the applicant's background and current circumstances to enable the University to judge their eligibility, need and merit.
Successful applicants will be selected based on their written application, academic potential, their ability to meet the criteria and, where appropriate, performance in an interview before a selection panel.
The recipient must remain enrolled full-time or part-time in the required course (that is, not less than 20 credit points per semester).
The recipient is expected to maintain satisfactory academic progress by passing all subject attempts and maintaining a Pass average (GPA 4.0 or greater) for the duration of the scholarship.
If any of the specified conditions are not met, the recipient status and continuation of the scholarship will be assessed and determined by the University in consultation with the donor.
Applications for this scholarship are now closed.