Scholarship Type: High Potential
Scholarship Group: A
$5,000 per year for one year*
*full-time, or part-time equivalent
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or eligible New Zealand Citizen**
** Eligible New Zealand Citizen includes students who meet the criteria for HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP. Further details available here: Changes to fees for New Zealand Citizens | Western Sydney University
- new or continuing student
- Any undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- be an athlete competing at a state or national (school, age and/or open) championship level who is recognised by the relevant national sporting body as elite or in possession of development potential
Western Sydney University Connect offers sports scholarships to students either entering or continuing an undergraduate or postgraduate course. The University is a member of the Australian Sports Commission's Elite Athlete Friendly University (EAFU) Network. This Elite Athlete support program is aimed at providing support to athletes to balance their sporting and academic commitments whilst at the University.
Scholarship recipients will also receive financial assistance and have access to modern fitness facilities, academic counselling, personal development seminars, academic support and liaison, networking links and other opportunities.
Application and Selection Process
Selection of this scholarship will be determined on the basis of:
- applicant's sporting achievements;
- academic proficiency; and
- ability to be involved in the representative sport program at the University.
If you are an elite athlete or performer, whose training and competitive commitments have affected your preparation for the Higher School Certificate (HSC) or your current tertiary studies, you may also be interested in applying for special consideration for course admission to Western Sydney University or assistance with your current study commitments. To apply for special consideration, refer to the elite athletes or performers scheme.