Western Sydney University serves more than 48,500 students, representing over 170 nationalities. More than 60 per cent are first in their family to attend university. Western Sydney also has Australia's second-largest population of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Isalnder people.
Western Growth will respond to the changing needs of Western Sydney for decades to come, aligning with the government's vision for the region's expansion. This inlcudes changes to land use and transport to boost liveability, productivity and sustainability.
What is Western Growth?
Western Growth is a large-scale transformative program led by the largest tertiary educational institution in the region, to provide the highest quality learning opportunities and world-class research expertise in Western Sydney.
- revitalising our campus network between peri-urban and CBD locations, enabling connectivity, and becoming a catalyst of CBD development and community engagement
- creating new technology-enabled learning, teaching and research facilities
- repurposing existing assets to generate a corpus to reinvest into learning, teaching and research
- incorporating our learning, teaching and research projects into real-world environment with living laboratory opportunities
- increasing staff, students and community accessibility to the campus, having learning spaces closer to transport, jobs, accommodation, research and industry partners
- enhancing student experience through new technology-rich learning environments and flexible, high-amenity facilities
- boosting the social, health, wellbeing and economic environment of Western Sydney
- improving the flexibility of the use of property assets
- enabling the creation of new commercial revenue streams and increased operational efficiencies
- enhancing the mobility between fixed and variable cost arrangements more suitable to our requirements
- using alternative finance sources through partnerships to minimise risk exposure in co-ownership of developments
- realising the financial uplift from developed assets
- transforming identified excess property assets into corpus reinvestment