- Mental Health & Wellbeing Strategy
- - Get Healthy Information & Coaching Service
- - Go4Fun
- - Fit & Strong Challenge
- - Mental health meanings
- - Health and physical wellbeing
- - Respect.Now.Always.
- - Counselling Service
- - Australia and New Zealand University Mental Health Day
- - Lifeline Training
- - Anxiety Forum
- - Wellness Walk
- - Sports Inclusion Program
- - Early Intervention in Psychosis Forum
- - ONETalk Forums: Early Intervention in Psychosis
- - Carers Forum
- - Sexual Health Training
- - 10 Tips to Stress Less Competition
- - Lifeline CSWT Fast-track Program
- Mental Health & Wellbeing resources
- Mental Health & Wellbeing training
- Contact the Mental Health & Wellbeing team
Get Healthy Information & Coaching Service®
A healthy lifestyle is important to your health and wellbeing. Western Sydney University recognises this importance, and supports the efforts of staff, students and our alumni to make positive changes to their health and wellbeing, and to maintain these changes.
Western Sydney University is currently working with Population Health, Nepean, Blue Mountains and Western Sydney Local Health Districts on a range of healthy lifestyle initiatives for staff, students and alumni including the promotion of the Get Healthy Information & Coaching Service®.
Get Healthy has been successful at Western Sydney University since 2012. Staff member Jennylee Green from the Schools Engagement Unit joined the coaching service and had this to say, "After a call I always felt re-energised about reaching my goals". Jennylee recommends the program saying, "You're sure to gain something...This can only lead to positive change". Read Jennylee's full testimonial.
What is Get Healthy?
Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service® is a free information and health coaching service developed by the NSW Government.
It can help you achieve your goals in relation to healthy eating, physical activity and adopting a healthy lifestyle. It's a free, confidential telephone-based coaching service, delivered by qualified health professionals.
Western Sydney University staff, students and alumni can choose to receive Get Healthy information, participate in coaching, or both!
Get Healthy Coaching Service
You can choose to have free, personal health coaching. Your health coach can help you identify health goals, create action plans, maintain motivation and discuss options for a beneficial lifestyle change.
Coaching participants receive:
- Up to 10 free individually tailored telephone coaching sessions over six months
- Access to online logs and tracking tools
- A resource kit, including an information book and a coaching journal. The coaching journal includes evidence based logs, tracking tools and information on how to achieve and maintain behaviour change
- A graduation gift at the end of the coaching program
You can register online for the free Get Healthy Coaching Service (opens in a new window).
Get Healthy Information Service
In addition to the resource kit, you'll also receive access to online tracking tools and a graduation gift on completion of the program.
To find out more about Get Healthy Information Service, please visit the NSW Get Healthy Service website (opens in a new window).
When registering please use your personal email address instead of your Western Sydney University email in compliance with the IT Acceptable Use of Resources policy.
Get Healthy Benefits
Participants who have completed the six month coaching program have reported significant improvements, including:
- an increase in physical activity levels
- an average weight loss of 3.9kg
- a reduction in their Body Mass Index (BMI)
- an average reduction in waist circumference of 5cms
- an increase in fruit and vegetable consumption
For more information about:
- Get Healthy Information & Coaching, contact Rowena Saheb.
- Western Sydney University's partnership with Population Health, email the Western Sydney University Mental Health and Wellbeing team.
More information about mental health and wellbeing is available on the Mental Health and Wellbeing website.