- Mental Health & Wellbeing Strategy
- - Get Healthy Information & Coaching Service
- - Go4Fun
- - Fit & Strong Challenge
- - Mental health meanings
- - Health and physical wellbeing
- - Respect.Now.Always.
- - Counselling Service
- - Australia and New Zealand University Mental Health Day
- - Lifeline Training
- - Anxiety Forum
- - Wellness Walk
- - Sports Inclusion Program
- - Early Intervention in Psychosis Forum
- - ONETalk Forums: Early Intervention in Psychosis
- - Carers Forum
- - Sexual Health Training
- - 10 Tips to Stress Less Competition
- - Lifeline CSWT Fast-track Program
- Mental Health & Wellbeing resources
- Mental Health & Wellbeing training
- Contact the Mental Health & Wellbeing team
Fit & Strong Challenge
What is Fit & Strong Challenge?
In 2014, all staff and students 55 and over were invited to participate in the Fit & Strong Challenge, a program that encourages health and happiness at Western Sydney University and later into your retirement years. The 2014 Fit & Strong Challenge focused on the following health areas:
- Physical activity
- Strength and balance exercises
- Vitamin D
The Fit & Strong Challenge is based on the Fit & Strong - 65 & Beyond Challenge, created by the Health Promotion Team of the former Sydney West Area Health Service (SWAHS).
Western Sydney University signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Population Health in March 2012, and is currently working with Population Health on a range of healthy lifestyle initiatives for staff and students and their families, including the Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service and the Go4Fun program. The Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy Group endeavours to increase the health and wellbeing of the University population and is funding the rollout of this initiative, with additional funding being provided by the Health Promotion team of Western Sydney Local Health Districts.