A staff profile webpage is automatically generated for all staff at Western Sydney University and usually appears two weeks after joining. To find your profile page visit Staff Profiles.
The Staff Profile Management System (SPMS) is now available and it allows you to edit your own staff profile!
How do I update editable sections of my profile?
The following sections of your profile can be updated by you via the Staff Profiles pages:
- Personal Details: Photo, Professional Memberships
- Biography Information: Biography Description, Interests, Awards, Committees
- Research Description
- Teaching Information: Unit, Year
- Multimedia Content: Title, Description, URL
- You are also able to select content to appear or not appear, for example specific contact information.
To update the above sections, complete the following steps:
- Go to Staff Profiles
- Select the "Edit Profile" button (top right corner) and log in with your Western Sydney University Staff ID and password.
- Edit your content and remember to hit save changes as you progress. Note: please allow two working days for the changes to appear on the live page.
How do I update the information that is fed into my profile from Western Sydney University databases and systems?
Below is a checklist of the most common items that need to be updated and how they can be updated:
- Salutation - for example, to update your salutation to Dr, originals of your qualification need to be sighted by your School Manager, or Institute Manager and certified copies sent to your HR business partner, so they can be entered in the HR database.
- Publications – enter your publications via the Library.
- Qualifications – originals of your qualifications need to be sighted by your School Manager, or Institute Manager and certified copies sent to your HR business partner, so they can be entered in the HR database.
- Current Positions – these are generated automatically from the HR database, if they appear incorrect contact your School Manager, or Institute Manager, who can liaise with the appropriate HR business partner.
- Research Projects – these are generated automatically from the Western Sydney University Research database. Please contact your Research Development Officer if you need to edit a project, or if you believe a project is missing from your Staff Profile
- Contact Details – these are drawn from the Staff Directory which can be updated via the form available through staff directory entry.
- Supervision – ensure details of your HDR candidates are up to date with your School. Note that Honours supervision is not currently part of the system.
I have read this page but I still need more help
Contact IT Service Desk on x5111 or via the Self Service Portal