The Venues Management team can offer external clients a range of options that best suit your requirements, and work with you to provide a high quality event. For further information, please complete our online enquiry form below.
If you have any problems completing this form, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if you need to discuss your requirements further, please contact the team on (02) 9852 5092.
A sample Space Hire Contract (PDF, 827 KB) (opens in a new window) is available to view the Terms and Conditions for the hire of a space at Western Sydney University.
Please note: Fields marked with '*' are mandatory fields and must be filled in.
Proposed Hirer detail and contact Information
Equipment and Furniture Requirements
Food and Beverage Requirements
|*Will your event have alcohol served?|
*Do you require catering services?
If catering is required, please contact the catering team at Functions or 0439 116 314
Western Sydney University charge for parking at its various campuses, paid parking is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
|*How do you anticipate most attendees will travel to the event?|
|If Other, please specify|
|*Have you made any specific transport arrangements (e.g. bus hire)?|
|If yes, please provide details|
Please note that Western Sydney University has a strict security policy for security guards. As a minimum, 2 security guards will be employed for the first 100 people and 1 for every 100 people thereafter.
|*Will additional security staff be required for the event?|
|*Will there be dignitaries attending the event?|
Please note: Western Sydney University reserves the right to indicate the minimum required number of security guards over and above the indicated numbers above.
All hirers of Western Sydney University facilities must be in possession of their own Public Liability Insurance.
Special Event Information
Important: The Hirer must provide evidence of the currency of all required authorisations before booking is able to be confirmed.
Risk Management Plan
Note: Where appropriate, due to the nature of the Event, Western Sydney University may require the Hirer to provide a Risk Management Plan, in a form approved by Western Sydney University, outlining details of the Hirer's arrangements for the management of any risks arising from the Hirer's use of the Hired Area and dealing with the Hirer's proposal for security, pedestrian and vehicle controls, parking, work health & safety, environment protection or such other matters that Western Sydney University may require to ensure the safe conduct of the Hirer's Event.
Hirer’s External Contractors
- - All external Contractors must be separately approved in writing by Western Sydney University.
- - All external Contractors must:
- - Provide evidence of appropriate public liability insurance;
- - Provide evidence of appropriate workers compensation insurance;
- - Provide evidence of any necessary licenses or other regulatory requirements relating to their industry;
- - Undergo any induction or training that Western Sydney University may direct;
- - At all times, comply with all reasonable directions of Western Sydney University authorised staff to ensure the safe conduct of the Event.
- - Such other requirements as Western Sydney University may direct having regard to the nature of the external Contractor's services
Additional Event Information
- - All Venue Hire Applications are subject to the endorsement of the relevant University stakeholders.
- - Western Sydney University reserves the right to refuse any application and is under no obligation to provide reasons for any such refusal.
- - Western Sydney University will notify the Hirer if their Venue Hire Application is approved, and a tentative booking can be held.
- - Western Sydney University is unable to provide final confirmation of any booking until Western Sydney University receives:
- - A completed Space Hire Contract signed by the Hirer or a legally authorised representative of the Hirer;
- - All Hire Fees have been paid;
- - the Security Bond (if any) has been paid;
- - all required Insurances have been effected and evidence provided to Western Sydney University;
- - any required Risk Management Plan has been provided and approved by Western Sydney University; and
- - and any other requirements notified by the University to the Hirer have been provided.
- - Western Sydney University does not allow food or beverages to be brought into any Hired Area unless previously arranged and approved in writing prior to the Event;
- - Additional fees may be incurred if the Hired Area is not left in the same condition as at the commencement of the Hire or if additional security or other services are required;
- - As a leading institution in multicultural Sydney, Western Sydney University is deeply committed to supporting our local communities and promoting public discourse. Western Sydney University is also a proud supporter of gender equality and recognising its obligations under the Sexual Discrimination Act and indeed the University's own Discrimination, Harassment, Vilification and Victimisation Prevention Policy, the University does not support the segregation of men and women at any University event or public forum on our University campuses. As such the University requests that there be no 'directed segregation' in the form of written, verbal or directional instruction and supports the notion that people will be entitled to sit where they choose to at the event. We thank you for your acknowledgement of this and ask that you ensure this is communicated to those attending the event.