You can search for courses, events, people, and anything else.
The Digital Acceleration (DX) Initiative is an opportunity to further leverage and build on the work and achievements of Western’s digital transformation journey to date, with intentions being to improve our operating environment, service culture and architecture.
This Initiative has been developed to address the current challenges being experienced at Western including aging infrastructure, duplication of systems and processes, lack of integration, work stress and time-consuming activities that distract us from our core purpose.
Accelerating digital transformation at Western will significantly enhance the experience for students and staff, further enable the strategic initiatives of the Transformation Program and develop market differentiation through leading-edge technologies.
What is DX?
Digital Acceleration (DX) includes strategies to strengthen Western’s core technologies and practices and add to our capacity and capability.
The DX strategic initiative will respond to the broader challenges and opportunities presented through technology and digital capabilities.
The DX initiative aims to facilitate transformation in four broad areas, including transforming:
- How IT is used and managed;
- Education offerings - curriculum development, pedagogy, delivery, target audiences, revenue opportunities;
- Student engagement, recruitment and retention approaches through technology-enabled holistic solutions; and
- The research and innovation ecosystem.
Western Sydney University ranks #1 in the world for commitment to United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The Western Sydney University Transformation Program aligns with, and specifically addresses, four main SDGs: Quality Education; Decent Work and Economic Growth; Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure; and Partnerships for the Goals.
Here’s how the Digital Acceleration initiative is helping to achieve Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth; Goal 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure; and Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals:
- Transform how IT is used and managed through the development of an enterprise architecture, cloud strategy, replacement and contemporisation of on-premise infrastructure and tools, changes to ITDS structure, implementation of a suitable strategy and governance arrangement, and the development and implementation of a data strategy;
- Transform institutional maturity through continued growth and development of research, providing access to improved research support and methodologies, including those that can benefit from access to big data; and
- Enhance education offerings by adopting creative new pedagogic strategies, engaging with industry in curriculum co-development and reaching more students, as well as supporting a more diverse student body
How can I learn more?
If you would like to learn more or are interested in getting involved please reach out to our Transformation Program team via our Feedback Form or email at email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
The delivery of the Digital Acceleration Initiative will ensure:
- Students can access the right learning experiences at the right time to accomplish their goals through flexible academic pathways
- Educators have the tools to build contemporary curriculum which respond to emergent opportunities, and the capability to adapt and integrate technology into their practice
- Students are understood as individuals with unique interests and goals, feel welcome and connected, including and beyond academic pursuits
- Researchers can spend more time focused on outcomes, and less time managing digital inputs
- Students and staff save time by quickly and easily completing administrative and academic tasks from anywhere at any time
- Western has the culture and capability to innovate quickly at the edge of technology
The Board of Trustees have approved this Initiative as part of the Transformation Program for 5 years. They have approved funding for 3 years, with the option to fund a further 2 years.
Staff and students will have opportunities to provide input and collaborate on different activities within the Program.
If you are unsure who to contact or are would like further assistance please reach out to our Transformation Program team via our Feedback Form or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Several project-related roles will be advertised during the course of this program. Please keep checking the Jobs webpage for vacancies.