- About us
- Courses and training programs
- 2017 Program Calendar
Career Development Opportunities
- - Academic Careers and Development
- - Academic Development Program
- - Academic Promotion
- - Academic Mentoring Program
- - Education Support Allowance
- - Foundational Leadership and Management
- - Inspire Leadership Program
- - Scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- - Speed Mentoring Forums
- - Staff Postgraduate Study Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Professional Development Scholarships
- - Senior Management Conference
- - Quality Forum
- - Professional Staff Mentoring Program
- How-to resources
- Contact us
Vice-Chancellor's Professional Development Scholarships
The Vice-Chancellor's Professional Development Scholarships Program are open for applications for 2018.
In 2018, a total of 16 $2500 Staff Scholarships for Western Sydney University staff to attend relevant conferences or courses to further their professional or career development were offered:
- 7 x $2500 scholarships are available for academic staff
- 7 x $2500 scholarships are available for professional staff
- 2 x $2500 scholarships are available for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander academic or professional staff.
Note: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff should refer to the application criteria procedures and closing date at the Vice-Chancellor's Professional Development Scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff (opens in a new window) in order to complete their application.
Who can Apply?
Applications are open to all ongoing Western Sydney University academic and professional staff (part-time and full-time) who have a minimum of 12 months continuous service and can demonstrate how the professional development activity will benefit their career or professional development and their organisational unit or the University overall.
The professional development activity must also be related to a staff members' duties of employment at Western Sydney University.
Applicants must be:
- ongoing full-time or part-time employees
- limited term; full-time or part-time employees with a contract expiry date of 31 December 2018 or beyond
- have a minimum of 12 months' continuous service
- an academic Level A to D or Professional Staff HEW 1 to 9
- Note: Senior Staff HEW 10 and above and Professors (Level E) are not eligible.