- About us
- Courses and training programs
- 2019 Program Calendar
- Work Planning and Career Development
Career Development Opportunities
- - Academic Careers and Development
- - Academic Development Program
- - Academic Promotions
- - Academic Mentoring Program
- - Education Support Allowance
- - Critical Management Conversations
- - Inspire Leadership Program
- - Scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- - Speed Mentoring Forums
- - Staff Postgraduate Study Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Professional Development Scholarships
- - Senior Management Group Conference
- - Strategy Forum
- - Professional Staff Mentoring Program
- Contact us
- Coaching @ Western
Staff Postgraduate Coursework Study Scholarships
Applications for the 2020 Staff Postgraduate Coursework Study Scholarships are currently open.
The attraction and retention of talented staff is a key element to achieving the objectives of the Securing Success staffing strategy. The Western Sydney Postgraduate Coursework Study Scholarships provide support in achieving postgraduate qualifications in management, leadership and a range of disciplines. It is one of the initiatives that Western has implemented in recent years to support the career development of our academic and professional staff.
The Scholarships offer reduced fees for ongoing academic and professional staff undertaking postgraduate study via coursework at Western Sydney University. Scholarship recipients pay $1000 per unit, and the Scholarship takes care of the rest. In addition, Scholarship recipients are eligible to apply for the Education Support Allowance (opens in a new window) provided by our Professional Development Policy.
An example of how the cost of a Western Sydney University Master of Business Administration can be reduced with a Staff Postgraduate Coursework Study Scholarship is shown below. The course requires the completion of sixteen units and can be completed in two years full-time or four years part-time. This example assumes the course is studied part-time, over four years, at four subjects per year.
Western Sydney University
M Business Administration
2019 Domestic Fees for 160 credit points (16 x $3,000 ea)
Fee reduction from Scholarship
Western Sydney University Education Support Allowance
Cost to Staff Member
In addition, you may be able to:
- Receive a FEE-HELP (Higher Education Loan Programme) loan
- Have greater access to library facilities as a staff member
- Claim study leave of up to 70 hours per annum (pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Claim self education expenses in your tax return
Eligibility to apply
- are ongoing, full-time or part-time Western Sydney staff with a minimum of 12 months of continuous service;
- have a limited-term contract with a minimum of 12 months continuous service. The limited-term contract must have a minimum of 2 years to run from the date the Postgraduate Scholarships close each year;
- can demonstrate how the scholarship will benefit their career and professional development, their organisational unit and/or the University overall;
- have been admitted to a Western Sydney University postgraduate course or satisfy all criteria for course admittance;
- are supported in their application by the Head of their organisational unit.
Scholarship recipients need to commence their postgraduate course and enrol in at least one unit within 9 months of receiving the Scholarship.
Application Criteria and Guidelines
Application Form and Closing Date
Applications for the 2020 Staff Postgraduate Coursework Study Scholarships are now open. To apply for a scholarship, please complete the application form (PDF, 100.58 KB) (opens in a new window).
Any enquiries about Staff Scholarships for Western Sydney University Postgraduate Coursework Study should be directed to the HR Projects team via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2019 Postgraduate Scholarships recipients were:
|2019 Recipients||Proposed Course of Study|
|David Fania, Project Manager, Customer Journey / User Experience, Information Technology & Digital Services||Master of Project Management|
Jaimie Hall, Senior Business Analyst, Information Technology & Digital Services
|Graduate Certificate in Data Science|
|Natalie Brown, Executive/Project Officer, School of Nursing & Midwifery||Graduate Certificate in Business|
- Western Sydney University Postgraduate Study Scholarships Guidelines (PDF, 88.9 KB) (opens in a new window)
- Western Sydney University Staff Postgraduate Coursework Study Scholarships Application Form (PDF, 100.58 KB) (opens in a new window)