- About us
- Courses and training programs
- Work Planning and Career Development
Career Development Opportunities
- - Academic Careers and Development
- - Academic Development Program
- - Academic Promotions
- - Academic Mentoring Program
- - Education Support Allowance
- - Critical Management Conversations
- - Inspire Leadership Program
- - Scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- - Speed Mentoring Forums
- - Staff Postgraduate Study Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Professional Development Scholarships
- - Senior Management Group Conference
- - Strategy Forum
- - Professional Staff Mentoring Program
- How-to resources
- Contact us
- Coaching @ Western
Learning and Teaching
The Learning Futures portfolio enables learning transformation and digital innovation across the University. The portfolio provides a teaching development program to support staff in designing and enhancing learning in technology rich and leaner focused environments.
The Quality in Learning and Teaching site was developed to assist in enriching learning opportunities for students through the provision of blended learning resources and activities.
The Foundations of University Learning and Teaching (FULT) program is compulsory for all new full-time teaching staff. The key concepts taught in the program are student-focussed teaching, constructive alignment and reflective practice.
Western Sydney University has partnered with other Australian Universities and Epigeum in the UK, to develop iTeach, a fully online and self-directed course for staff interested in designing effective and engaging learning resources and activities. This course is available to all staff members and can be accessed in vUWS through iTeach (opens in a new window) (staff login required).
The Developing your teaching Capability (opens in a new window) guide is designed as a practical resource for strategically managing your teaching role while also supporting the University's student-centred focus.