- About us
- Courses and training programs
- Work Planning and Career Development
Career Development Opportunities
- - Academic Careers and Development
- - Academic Development Program
- - Academic Promotions
- - Academic Mentoring Program
- - Education Support Allowance
- - Critical Management Conversations
- - Inspire Leadership Program
- - Scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- - Staff Postgraduate Study Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Professional Development Scholarships
- - Senior Management Group Conference
- - Strategy Forum
- - Professional Staff Mentoring Program
- How-to resources
- Contact us
- Coaching @ Western
The University recognises the talents of its people and is committed to developing the capabilities and skills of its leaders.
Western Sydney University Leaders are expected to demonstrate the following values and behaviours:
- Have high ethical and professional standards
- Be transparent, accountable and responsible for our actions
- Commit to the strategic plan, mission and values of the University
- Engage with our people and the community
- Engender a culture of service dedicated to meeting the needs of our students, clients and stakeholders.
Leadership Development at Western Sydney University includes the Senior Management Conference, Quality Forum, the Inspire Leadership Program, the Academic and Professional Mentoring Programs, Foundational Leadership and Management, networking forums, seminars, short study programs and coaching.
The Career Development for Academics (online) module aims to provide information and tools to academic staff to plan your career in an academic environment. For further information or to launch the module go to MyCareer online (opens in a new window).
Developing your Engagement and Leadership Capabilities (opens in a new window) explores how you are making a positive contribution to and building strong connections and linkages with the University, your discipline, the academic community and broader sector.