Senior Lecturer-Public Health with School of Health, Medical and Applied Sciences, CQUniversity.
Adjunct Fellow with School of Social Science and Psychology (SSAP), Western Sydney University
I am currently a Senior Lecturer-Public Health with School of Health, Medical and Applied Sciences, CQUniversity. I am an Adjunct Fellow with School of Social Science and Psychology, Western Sydney University. Prior to these roles, I served as Multi-site Research Coordinator with SSAP and Academic with SSAP and School of Sciences and Health, Western Sydney University between 2018 and 2019. Between 2013 and 2017, I worked in Bangladesh with icddr,b, the international research institute and BRAC University, as Senior Research Associate and Adjunct Academic, respectively.
I have over 12 years of experience in the design, conduct, analysis and reporting of large-scale intervention and observational studies across countries of Asia and Australia. My areas of research interest include epidemiological studies; implementation science research; global health, health systems and policy; chronic non-communicable diseases prevention and management; health behaviour and health promotion; and migration, health and development.
I received my PhD in Global Health from Monash University, Australia, 2014, Master of Public Health from Mahidol University Thailand in 2005, and Master of as well as Bachelor of Education (Health Education) from Tribhuvan University, Nepal in 2004 and 2002 respectively.
I am currently involved with various research projects funded by international/bilateral agencies and universities in Australia, Nepal and Bangladesh (for details, please see grant sub-section below). My substantial contribution to the national and international research projects over the past seven years have led to generating over 3.5 million AU$ (See research and publication for further details).
I have published over 40 publications in leading peer-reviewed international journals, (available at my publications page (opens in a new window)), 6 book/ book chapters and over 20 project reports submitted to the international and UN funding agencies.
Apart from my ongoing research and teaching roles, I am also involved with international research and scientific groups, including (a) Collaborator to the Global Burden of Disease (GBD) group (since Feb 2019), administered by the Institute of Health and Metrics (IHME), US; (b) Invited Scientific committee member to the 2nd International Symposium on Community Health Workers, 2019; (c) Mentor and Supervisor for Publication Mentorship for the first-time Women authors in the field of Health Policy and Systems Research (HPSR), co-managed by the Health Systems Global and Alliance for HPSR, and (d) Editor, Thai Journal of Public Health (TJPH), Thailand.
I have effectively supervised to the completion of twelve major postgraduate (Master of Public Health) between 2014-17. I also supervised undergraduate interns and their projects and mentored junior scientists on their ongoing research projects. I am available for postgraduate (Master and PhD) research supervision.
- Epidemiological studies
- Implementation science research;
- Health systems and policy
- Chronic non-communicable diseases prevention and management;
- Health behaviour and health promotion
- Migration, health and development
Qualifications and Recognition
- PhD (Global Health), from Monash University
Research & Publications
Followings are some selected recently completed/ ongoing research projects and my roles to these research works.
- CI-B: Diabetes self-management in rural Nepal: A Cluster Randomized Trial, funded by Japan Association for Medical Research and Development, under the Global Alliance for Chronic Disease (GACD) (AU$ 988,000, 2019-2023
- CI-B: Improving Diabetes Care in Nepal, funded by World Diabetes Foundation (AU$ 378,946, 2017-19)
- CI-B: Pharmaceutical systems improvement in Bangladesh, funded by USAID (AU$ 84,445, 2016-2017)
- CI-A: Health and water and sanitation situation assessment among the Rohingya Refugees in Bangladesh, funded by International Organization for Migration (IOM), (AU$ 80,000, 2016-2017)
- CI-A: Developing health communication commodities for improving MNCH in Bangladesh, funded by UN commission on life saving/ CCP, JHU (AU$ 36,664, 2015-16)
- CI-B: Success Factor Study on Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health, Cross-country analyses (10 fast track countries), funded by WHO HQ Geneva (AU$ 70552, 2015-16),
- CI-A: Health Workforce Development in Bangladesh, funded by WHO SEARO (AU$ 77600, 2014-16).
I have published over 40 publications in leading peer-reviewed international journals, 6 book/ book chapters and over 20 project reports submitted to the international and UN funding agencies. For a complete list of my publications please see my publications page (opens in a new window)