Associate Professor Anoop Sankaranarayanan
Conjoint Associate Professor, School of Medicine
A/Prof Anoop Sankaranarayanan a general adult psychiatrist with extensive clinical and senior managerial experience of working in Australia and overseas. He is presently consultant psychiatrist in Melaleuca Unit of Blacktown Mental Health Service and is also involved with the Clozapine clinic and Diabetes and Mental Health Forum. He has been actively involved in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and research and has published in peer reviewed journals.
He is a member of the committee for examinations with the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists. He is also the Site Coordinator of Training for Blacktown and Mt Druitt Mental Health Service and helps to coordinate the medical student placements in psychiatry in Blacktown and Mt Druitt Mental Health Service. He is also an examiner for the Western Sydney University Psychiatry examinations.
A/Professor Sankaranarayanan’s research interests includes:
- Schizophrenia: in particular, social cognition, disordered eating, cognition, and metabolic syndrome
- Suicide and self-harm behaviours
- Cognitive dysfunction and dementia
A/Professor Sankaranarayanan is available to supervise research students, scholarly projects and medical students. Anyone interested in conducting research under A/Prof Sankaranarayanan should contact him via email.
Qualifications and Recognition
- MBBS (Bharathiar University), DPM, MHM, MD, FRANZCP
Research & Publications
- For a complete list of my publications please see my publications page (opens in a new window)
- View my ResearchGate profile (opens in a new window)
|Telephone||+61 2 8670 0267|