Western has secured $1.4 million to lead an NHMRC Partnership Project focused on tackling the diabetes epidemic within Sydney’s Pasifika communities.
THRI Member Professor David Simmons (opens in a new window) will lead The Pasifika Preventing Diabetes Programme with a team of multi-disciplinary researchers, including Dr Freya MacMillan (opens in a new window), Professor Jennifer Reath (opens in a new window), Dr Kathy Tannous, (opens in a new window), Dr Kate McBride (opens in a new window).
Thirteen partner organisations will collaborate with Western and contribute an additional $3.1 million to the project:
- NSW Health Office of the Chief Health Officer,
- NSW Health Point of Care Team,
- Wentworth Healthcare,
- Diabetes NSW-ACT,
- Western Sydney Primary Health Network,
- Central and Eastern Primary Health Network,
- South Western Sydney Primary Health Network,
- South Eastern Sydney Local Health District,
- Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District,
- Western Sydney Local Health District and
- South Western Sydney Local Health District.
Read more about the Pasifika Preventing Diabetes Programme (opens in a new window)