General FAQS

1. Is The College Diploma a recognised AQF qualification?

Yes, it is a Level 5 qualification in the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)

2. What is an ARAP?

An Academic Reasonable Adjustment Plan (ARAP) is a document established with your Disability Advisor outlining the 'reasonable adjustments' or academic strategies that support you to complete your academic work while managing your symptoms.

Please email for more information.

3. How do I arrange for an Academic Reasonable Adjustment Plan?

Please email

4. Are there scholarships available for Western Sydney University – The College students?

Yes, please visit The College scholarships page for more information.

5. Is there a support system at The College for Indigenous students?

Yes, we do offer a range of services and support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students. More information can be found on our website.

6. As a College student, can I volunteer in activities?

Yes, please liaise with the activities coordinator at your home campus for more information.

7. Is there financial assistance available for Western Sydney University The College students?

Yes, The College does offer eligible students opportunities for financial assistance.  The Financial Assistance Policy is available to view on The College website. If you have any further enquiries about financial assistance, please make an appointment with the Student Advisor at your campus.

8. How often should I check my student email?

Email is the official communication channel at Western Sydney University The College. We send important information about your enrolment, exams, results, etc., to your student email account, so it is important that you check it regularly. We recommend that you check your student email every day if you can and at least twice per week.

If you need to contact The College by email, please send your enquiry to

9. I don't have access to vUWS, what should I do?

Please contact Student Services Hub so that they can determine if there is an issue with your enrolment that is limiting your IT access. You can contact Student Services Hub on 1300 668 370 or by emailing

10. My student login details aren't working, what should I do?

You can contact the IT service desk for IT support on (02) 9852 5111 or speak to an IT support Officer at your campus.

11. I have lost my ID card, how can I get another one?

If your card is lost or stolen, you will need to pay a $26.25 replacement fee via Payments and take a copy of your receipt, along with current photo ID, to a Western Sydney University Student Services Hub office.

12. There is an encumbrance on my student record. What does this mean?

If you have failed to meet certain requirements of your enrolment, such as not paying fees by the due date, an encumbrance will be applied to your student record.  An encumbrance is a sanction applied to your student record in line with the University's policy, which limits your access to University services.  The limitations placed on you depend on the type of encumbrance applied to your record.

13. My WesternAccount password has expired. What do I do?

Once the expiry date is reached, your WesternAccount will be deactivated and you will be unable to log in until your WesternAccount is reactivated and the password reset. This process may require IT Service Desk intervention. You can change your password via your WesternAccount management page.

14. Is there a careers adviser on campus?

We have Student Advisors available on all of our campuses. Please contact your Student Advisor directly to make an appointment.

If you would like academic advice about your journey after College (for example, into Western Sydney University), we encourage you to make an appointment to discuss this with your FYEC.

Alternatively, Careers provide students with a range of services and resources to help build their career. For more information on careers, job placement, interviews and career planning, please refer to the Western Sydney University Careers page.

15. What is SSAF and do I need to pay it?

The Student Services and Amenities Fee is a compulsory fee that was introduced to assist Universities with the extensive costs of providing student services and amenities. Your SSAF is calculated on the units that you are studying per term at The College (the maximum fee is $286.00 per year for full time students). If you discontinue a unit before the census date, it will not be included in the calculation of your SSAF. If you are an Australian Citizen or Humanitarian visa holder, you can defer your fee to the Australian Tax Office using a Services and Amenities Fee HELP (SA-HELP) loan. If you are not eligible to defer your SSAF via SA-HELP, you will need to pay your fee upfront, by the due date. If the fee is not paid by the required date, an administrative encumbrance will be placed on your student account.

16. I would like to pay my fees upfront. How do I do this?

To pay your fees upfront, download you electronic Statement of Account (eSOA) from MySR and select the PDF icon at the bottom of the page for a list of payment options. You should be able to access your eSOA as soon as the current term has commenced. Once payment has been made, you will receive an email to your student email account confirming that your payment has been received. Please note that upfront payments must be made on or before the census date.

17. I am a previous College student and need the unit outlines for the units I completed at The College. How to I order them?

To order past College Unit Outlines, please log in to Payments. Select Course Unit Outlines and complete the required information (you will need your previous course and unit information to complete this transaction). There is no fee payable for this service.