Information For International Students
Choosing to study at The College is an investment in your future career. Not only will you have the opportunity to study English and your qualification of choice in one of the most supportive and progressive learning environments in Australia, you'll be a part of one of the fastest-growing economic hubs in the country at a world-class University.
At Western Sydney University International College you will find a clear pathway into the degree of your choice. We help you achieve your full potential and get the skills to succeed, no matter which path you choose. Come and see for yourself!
Living In Western Sydney
Western Sydney is home to all six College campuses, accommodates almost two million people and offers a friendly multicultural environment, making it a great place to live, study and work. Touted as the next CBD, this vibrant community is buzzing with culture and exciting things to see and do to make your College experience a career highlight.
Before You Arrive In Australia
To ensure a happy and stress-free arrival in Australia, it's important you do a bit of planning beforehand:
- Check our Entry Requirements to make sure you are eligible to apply.
- Make sure you apply for your visa a few months in advance.
- Apply for health insurance.
- Arrive in Australia a few days before orientation day so you have a chance to settle in and recover from your flight.
- Book and pay for our airport pick-up service before you board your plane. This will save you a lot of stress when you land, including how to get around an unfamiliar airport and make your way to your new home.
You should also ensure you have the following documentation:
- Certified personal identification documents (birth certificate, driver's licence, etc.)
- Education information (certified tertiary transcripts and secondary school results).
- English test certificate, such as IELTS or TOEFL (if you have one).
- Your offer of admission from Western Sydney University and The College.
- Valid passport and correct visa.
IMPORTANT: If your documents are in a language other than English, you must provide an officially-certified translation of each document, together with certified copies of the original documents. For more information, visit Australian Immigration.
Enrolment & Orientation
As a new College student, you must attend enrolment and orientation before starting your course. This not only gives you an opportunity to acquaint yourself with your new environment, but allows you to meet your teachers and the people in your class, make new friends, discover important information about your course, enrol in subjects and find your way around campus.
On the day, make sure you bring:
- Your passport.
- Pen and paper.
- Your offer of admission.
- Certified IELTS results.